You have made an important investment by earning a Nokia Service Routing Certification. Don’t let your certification lapse. All certifications in the Nokia SRC Program are valid for three years. After three years, you will need to recertify to ensure these SRC designations stay current.
Complete the recertification requirements below during your eligibility window to renew your certification and to retain your professional designation.
You can view your certification status, dates, and exam results from the SRC Student Portal: networks.nokia.com/src/studentportal.
Key benefits of recertification
Like most professional designations, those in the Nokia SRC Program require students to recertify to retain their SRC designation. Recertification is an important, career-enhancing investment in your professional growth. By taking the time to recertify, you will:
- Keep your certification active and avoid letting your hard-earned certification expire and become terminated
- Ensure your skills and knowledge are evolving in lock-step with the continuous changes in IP service routing
- Continue to network with a community of leading-edge Service Routing experts
- Receive a new industry-respected diploma attesting to your certification level and accomplishment
- Be able to work toward a higher level certification in the future
Three key dates to remember
Please keep these important dates in mind and organize your recertification activities around them:
- Certification date: The day your certification was awarded.
- Certification expiry date: The day three years from when your certification was awarded. Note – If you achieve a higher level certification or write a higher-level exam, the expiration and termination dates for all of your certifications will be reset to the date of the higher-level certification or the date that you wrote the exam.
- Certification termination date: The day your certification terminates if you do not successfully complete the recertification requirements within 6 months after your expiry date.
Take advantage of your opportunity to recertify
You can recertify at any time before your certification termination date. Recertify before your termination date to maintain your original certification ID.
Recertification requirements – It’s easy to recertify
To maintain your certification status, you must successfully pass one of the recertification requirements associated with the certification that you hold prior to the certification termination date. Recertification options are as follows:
Requirements by Certification
If you choose to write the required written exam prior to your termination date, your new certification date is the date you pass the exam. You must write the required recertification exam prior to your termination date to keep your certification active and maintain your original certification ID.
If you automatically renew your certification, your new certification date is effective on the date that you meet the automatic renewal requirement. You can automatically renew at any time prior to your certification termination date (which is 6 months after your certification expiration date). Your certification will remain active, and you will maintain your original certification ID.
Prepare for your exam
SRC Program content constantly evolves with the requirements of the IP industry. You can prepare for your recertification by pursuing a self-study option or you can register for an instructor-led SRC course that is convenient for you. Visit networks.nokia.com/src/selfstudy to view the available self study resources. Visit networks.nokia.com/src/courses to review current course outlines and class schedules.
Register for your exam
All exams are available through Nokia's test provider sites globally. For more information see here: https://networks.nokia.com/src/exams/new-test-provider. When you recertify, you will obtain a new diploma within eight to twelve weeks of your exam activity. You will also maintain your original certification ID.
Working toward a higher level certification?
Your current level of certification must be active in order for you to be granted higher level certifications. For example, if you have a Nokia NRS II certification, this certification must be active in order for you to qualify for the Nokia SRA certification. The table below identifies the specific exam requirements by certification.
What happens if you don’t recertify?
If you do not recertify prior to your certification termination date, your certification will be terminated. Once a certification is terminated, you lose all benefits of the certification. You will also need to meet all original certification requirements again to re-obtain the certification. If you do re-obtain it, you will be issued a new certification ID and diploma.
Why let your important certification designation lapse? Take steps to easily recertify during your recertification eligibility period by completing your recertification requirements.
If you have any questions regarding your certification activity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.