Nokia Service Routing Architect (SRA) Self-Study Guide: Preparing for the BGP, VPRN and Multicast Exams
This book is your official self-study guide for the Nokia Service Routing Architect (SRA) certification. The certification requires a solid understanding of all the fundamental technologies for IP/MPLS VPN networks in use today. The book is loaded with many practical configuration and troubleshooting exercises and is an invaluable learning and reference resource to the working network engineer.
Please note that the SRA Self-Study guide is intended for experienced network professionals who have achieved the Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II) certification or have solid experience with IP/MPLS networking technologies.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE SELF-STUDY GUIDE
This book provides you with all the resource material, assessment questions and answers, and lab exercises needed to confidently prepare for the Nokia SRA certification written and lab exams. Regardless of your certification plans, this book will help you develop the foundation of skills, knowledge, and best practices needed to design, build, and operate today’s advanced service provider networks.
Here is what others have to say about this book:
" ... an ideal addition to the bookshelf of all network design professionals, especially those looking to study for the Alcatel-Lucent SRA certification exam. It features detailed examples, diagrams and lab exercises combined with well written explanations of cutting edge technologies deployed in the market today. "
Nokia SRA No. 150
IP Network Design Consultant
" It's rare to find a book which includes all of the essential content that make it truly useful as both a teaching resource and a learning resource... It's now one of the must-have texts for advanced-level university networking courses that I teach. I highly recommend it. "
Professor for Bachelor of IT - Networking degree Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
" ... an excellent reference book for today's service providers for their training, researching and engineering. "
Nokia NRSII No. 1128
Senior Enterprise IP Network Planner, Rogers Communications Inc.
" ... a comprehensive encyclopedia related to the design and troubleshooting of Alcatel-Lucent Service Router networks. "
Nokia 3RP No. 552
Senior Network Engineer, NetNordic
After completing the book and exercises, you will be able to:
- Configure and operate BGP in Nokia SR OS
- Use policies and attributes to control the distribution and selection of BGP routes
- Design scalable and redundant iBGP networks using route reflectors and other tools
- Describe the key components that make up a VPRN
- Configure and verify different VPRN topologies in SR OS
- Describe the operation of the three inter-AS VPRN models and carrier supporting carrier (CSC) networks
- Configure and verify IPv4 and IPv6 multicast routing
- Describe the different approaches to resiliency in a PIM network
- Explain the key concepts and terminology of an MVPN network
- Configure and verify Draft Rosen and NG MVPN networks in SR OS
- Configure and verify mLDP and RSVP-TE P2MP LSPs
WHAT THE SELF-STUDY GUIDE INCLUDES:
Seventeen comprehensive chapters with detailed lessons, examples, diagrams, assessment questions and answers, and practical lab exercises. Also included is an online test bank providing many examples of the type of questions that could be expected to appear in the BGP, Multicast, and VPRN written exams.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview
- Section I: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Chapter 2: Internet Architecture
- Chapter 3: BGP Fundamentals
- Chapter 4: Implementing BGP on Nokia SROS
- Chapter 5: Implementing BGP Features
- Chapter 6: Scaling iBGP
- Chapter 7: Advanced BGP Topics
- Section II: Virtual Private Routed Networks (VPRN)
- Chapter 8: Basic VPRN Operation
- Chapter 9: Advanced VPRN Topologies and Services
- Chapter 10: Inter-AS VPRNs
- Chapter 11: Carrier Supporting Carrier VPRN
- Section III: Multicast Routing
- Chapter 12: Multicast Introduction
- Chapter 13: Multicast Routing Protocols
- Chapter 14: Multicast Resiliency
- Chapter 15: Introduction to Multicast Virtual Private Networks (MPVNs)
- Chapter 16: Draft Rosen
- Chapter 17: Next Generation MVPN
Appendix - Chapter Assessment Questions and Answers
GETTING ACCESS TO A SERVICE ROUTER LAB
To complete the lab exercises included in this guide, you can take advantage of Nokia's My SR Lab service. My SR Lab is an ideal companion to this guide and provides private, remote access to a Service Router lab environment. My SR Lab is also an excellent way to prepare for the SRA practical lab exam (exam # ASRA4A0) required for certification. Scheduling lab time is flexible and easy. Equipment is conveniently available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Reserve your lab today by visiting http://networks.nokia/src/mysrlab
For questions about any of our Self-Paced Learning resources, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org