The Nokia Virtual Private Routed Networks course explains the concepts and operation of Layer 3 VPN technology and configuration based on multiprotocol label switching (MPLS). Upon completion of this course, students will understand virtual private routed network (VPRN) design and be able to configure various VPRN topologies and proactively troubleshoot and monitor VPRN services. Students will also be able to describe the operation of Inter-AS VPRN model A, B and C. The carrier supporting carrier solution is also covered.
Credit Towards Certification
- Nokia Service Routing Architect
- Nokia Scalable IP Networks
- Nokia Interior Routing Protocols
- Nokia Border Gateway Protocol
- Nokia Multiprotocol Label Switching
- Nokia Services Architecture
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the operation of the basic VPRN architecture
- Explain how the VPRN routing information is distributed among Provider Edge (PE) routers, through the use of
- Multiprotocol BGP extensions
- Identify the cause of BGP loops in a VPRN environment
- Implement loop prevention in VPRN using multiple techniques
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VPRN
- Describe the operation of advanced VPRN topologies and services
- Understand full, hub and spoke, and extranet VPRN topologies
- Describe the operation of providing Internet access using various techniques.
- Understand the operation of Inter-AS VPRN model A, model B and model C.
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot Inter-AS VPRNs.
- Describe the carrier supporting carrier (CSC) VPN model
- Understand the exchange of routes and the data path in CSC
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot a CSC VPRN
- Module 1 – VPRN Architecture and Operation
- Module 2 – Advanced VPRN Topologies and Services
- Module 3 – VPRN Inter-AS Models
- Module 4 – Carrier Supporting Carrier (CSC) VPRN