Wireline Mobile Backhaul
Wireline Mobile Backhaul helps you leverage the power of your fixed broadband access network to efficiently transport the growing traffic of wireless subscribers. The Nokia ISAM access portfolio eliminates the need to create parallel and dedicated networks for backhaul, while simultaneously expanding the fiber footprint to support growing residential and business ultra-broadband demands.
The solution scales well, excels in availability, troubleshooting and monitoring tools, and offers advanced Service Level Agreements. The ISAM portfolio provides a flexible mix of advanced access technologies such as G.fast, GPON, next-generation PON and point-to-point fiber.
Wireline Mobile Backhaul is a key component in the Nokia mobile backhaul solution, which addresses the backhaul needs to satisfy the scale, efficiencies and cost savings operators seek.
Network operators who deployed the Nokia ISAM for residential broadband services, have a strategic platform in place to provide cost-effective backhaul. It is fitted to have the right coverage and capacity at low Total Cost of Ownership to support any combination of macro cells, metro cells and heterogeneous networks.
- Fastest return on investment
- Increased return on investment on existing broadband networks
- Backhaul revenues improve business case for fiber deployments
- Reduced time to market and faster ROI from reuse of existing copper
- Low cost alternative
- Reuse of existing outside plant copper and fiber assets
- Backhaul-ready platform with prime QoS and multiservice transport capability
- Low-cost broadband aggregation, minimizing port consumption on switches and routers
- No need to deploy expensive, purpose-built overlay network
- Bandwidth scalability for evolving demands
- GPON network support for 2.5 Gb/s downstream and 1.25 Gb/s upstream
- Next-generation PON support when needed to increase bandwidth to 10Gb/s
- Bitrates to 1Gb/s on a single twisted pair via G.fast
- Flexibility for increased coverage
- Broadband access networks located close to areas of mobile growth
- Converged copper and fiber access supporting all access needs as they arise
- Reduced footprint and installation effort at indoor or outdoor locations
Wireline Mobile Backhaul relies on ISAM IP/Ethernet products to support a mix of advanced access technologies such as G.fast, GPON, next-generation PON and point-to-point fiber in virtually any network.