Innovation Leadership - Nokia Wavelength Routing
Twelve years ago, Nokia introduced a new generation of 1830 PSS Wavelength Routing systems , leading the industry in a new generation of Reconfigurable Optical Add / Drop (ROADM) platforms. Compared to WDM terminal and fixed filter systems in common use at the time, Nokia’s 1830 Wavelength Routing systems improved network flexibility, reduced carrier costs, and enabled larger network capacities.
Wavelength Routing Engine – Expanding Possibilities
Nokia’s newest optical networking innovation, the intelligent Wavelength Routing Engine, combines the flexibility of colorless, directionless, contentionless, flexible grid (CDC-F) ROADM with intelligent GMPLS control plane, enabling new, flexible, and power optical layer features and efficiencies
- Multilayer network planning & optimization
- L0 / L1 GMPLS restoration
- Optical layer network optimization
- Improved network efficiency & utilization
- Increased network capacity with flexible grid & super channels
- Improved service velocity
- Reduced Opex with elimination of manual service re-configurations
The Photonic Service Engine 3 is lighting the way to a new approach and taking optical networking to the limit of physics. Fulfill your network’s true potential with maximum capacity and radically simplified programmability.
Enable new, flexible optical networks with lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Increase network capacity with efficient L0 optical restoration, advanced multi-modulation, & flexible grid
- Eliminate costly, time consuming manual operations and site visits
- Increase service velocity by establishing new services in minutes, rather than months
- Move, steer, re-assign wavelengths and services, without manual intervention
- Optical layer restoration provides automated fault protection for wavelengths
- Agile, intelligent wavelength routing enables carriers to optimize their network
- Advanced modulation formats support up to 250G per wavelength
- 200G 8QAM modulation is ideal for most regional / LH routes
- Nokia C+L Ultra-wideband ROADM supports double the capacity per fiber pair
Nokia 1830 Wavelength Routing Solution
The Wavelength Routing Engine is built into the 1830 PSS system, consisting of:
- CDC-F or CD capable wavelength routing modules. These units provide the optical layer flexibility to steer and switch wavelengths from any port to any line side degree
- iROADM line units – integrated Amp / WSS line units simplify network design and deployments
- L0/L1 GMPLS control plane software. Distributed intelligence built into every 1830 PSS node.
- Choice of chassis sizes, including -8, -16, -32 slot options
- Wide array of client side transponders, muxponders, including the multi-modulation 500G Muxponder (D5X500)
These components combine to create an intelligent, flexible, next generation optical networks, based on Nokia’s Wavelength Routing Engine.
The distributed, intelligent control plane is integrated into each 1830 PSS node and can be used with or without centralized SDN Controllers