Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
VoLTE: harness the power of LTE for communication
As subscribers demand more services for less money, it’s vitally important for operators to protect their profitability by reducing delivery costs. The answer is to eliminate the need for separate voice and data networks.
By providing VoLTE, an operator can enhance indoor coverage using Wi-Fi and extend its communication services with WebRTC. Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) and WebRTC use the same IMS core as VoLTE, enabling the same communication and multimedia services.
T-Mobile talks about their Un-carrier program, the ability to stay bold and shake up the industry by challenging the status-quo and how their partnership with Nokia has contributed to their success.
See the VoLTE infographic
Nokia VoWiFi video – See Voice over Wi-Fi in action as Heather and Ismo discuss coverage enhancement and integrated VoWiFi. They also show how a call can continue between VoWiFi and LTE without interruption, using a native dialer, with no need for extra applications or accounts. Cool!
See also the infographic Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi)
Take full advantage of the LTE network:
- Competitive, high-quality voice and video service over LTE
- Fast time-to-market; quick, easy service development on top of LTE/ Wi-Fi
- Full mobile voice service continuity
- Full integration with existing network back office services
- Core elements run on the same platform or in telco cloud, reducing total cost of ownership
- Professional services for design, planning and integration
The Nokia VoLTE solution offers a clear evolutionary path that allows operators to take full advantage of LTE network according industry standards coexisting fully with existing voice core.
VoWiFi and fixed, converged IP expand the user experience and enable operators to bundle services to differentiate their offering.
Nokia VoLTE core, including IMS /TAS, SBC and HSS, provides a truly robust and reliable next generation voice and messaging service core.
Our Rich Communication Suite (RCS) allows operators to offer their customers capabilities that make the mobile even more central to their private and business lives.
Explore our VoLTE related offering
- Alfa and Nokia partner to deploy Nokia AirScale solution, sign MoU for network evolution toward 5G19 Mar 2018
- Nokia to drive agility in cloud services and advance operators to digitalization07 Sep 2017
- Nokia and STC to deploy 4.5G technology across Saudi Arabia to meet the next phase of mobile data demand and pave the way to 5G18 Oct 2016
- Nokia Shared Data Layer simplifies telco networks and prepares them for IoT and 5G #MWC1618 Feb 2016
- WIND Mobile and Nokia Networks partner to bring the most advanced LTE technology to Canada10 Dec 2015
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.
Voice over LTE (VoLTE) helps operators meet customer demands by providing high-quality voice and video services over LTE. With no need for separate voice and data services, VoLTE protects operators’ profitability by avoiding drastic changes in the network.