Nokia SDAN creates a new way of working that frees up resources and capital and enables new revenue-generating opportunities.
- Network monetization. Virtual access networks for service partitioning and open access; increase cooperation and network monetization.
- Simplified operations. Network in the cloud is always-on; pre-provision, whether nodes are online or offline; zero-touch and error-free operations.
- Virtually unlimited. Update, customize and deploy new access functions and services without touching the access node.
- Innovation speed. Fast feedback cycles; DevOps continuous delivery and risk contingency; compliant with YANG standards for immediate interop.
- Collaborative ecosystem. Seamless integration via open APIs and software frameworks in cooperative partnerships and multivendor constellations.
Program and automate
By virtualizing the intelligence of the network and centralizing it in software running on top of general purpose (COTS) hardware, networks can be programmed and controlled from the cloud. The open ecosystem with data and configuration in the cloud creates opportunities for automation to focus on customer operations, cutting across FCAPS (fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security) silos.
Open and multivendor
SDAN's modular architecture with open and standardized interfaces can be easily integrated across systems, networks and partners. It allows flexible deployments that can leverage third party/open-source components, existing in your current cloud and IT environment.
The use of standard NETCONF/YANG protocols enables higher-degrees of automation and transactional consistency. The interaction with the OSS/BSS is less error prone and the underlying models, which are XML-based, are easily extended to provide further abstraction.
Leverage cloud and IT
Adopt a DevOps approach to introduce new capabilities quickly, and scale elastically in the datacenter. Domain-specific controllers deal with functionality that was traditionally embedded in-the-box, taking the load off network elements and deliver an always online experience.
Evolutionary path to SDN
Nokia SDAN products enable traditional and virtualized functionality to exist in the same network, allowing a gradual adoption of SDN/NFV.
Create virtual slices of the network infrastructure to support different services (e.g. residential and business), wholesale, or unbundling.
Cable access provisioning
Reduce power and space by virtualizing CCAP functionality; transparently provision DOCSIS or PON users in a cable access network.
G.fast micronode management
Enable automation and zero-touch provisioning; virtualized configuration allows management of all network elements at once, whether online or offline.
5G fronthaul over next-generation PON
SDAN provides optimized PON latency to meet 5G fronthaul delay needs, with cloud-based control and integration
Reduce costs through automated activation of ONTs.