Secure Optical Transport
The Nokia Secure Optical Transport solution helps you secure in-flight data avoiding sensitive material from getting into the wrong hands, thus preventing business loss and interruption in support of business-critical applications.
Modern enterprises, government agencies, network operators, and service providers rely on business-critical data. With the increasing value of confidential data generated and transmitted across networks, confidential data has become ever more attractive to thieves and intruders. Consequently, the number of attacks and breaches continues to rise. In response, network operators must secure their networks to protect in-flight data and guard against network intrusions.
The Nokia Secure Optical Transport solution protects data from theft through a set of technologies that address security threats cost effectively and in a manageable way. Among other things, the solution implements physical layer encryption with centralized key management. This provides network operators with a first line of defense, ensuring that all transmitted data is encrypted and rendered useless if it falls into the wrong hands.
The solution leverages the proven Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Switch portfolio. The portfolio offers high-capacity (10G/100G) optical DWDM connectivity with wire speed and low latency encryption, as well as optical intrusion detection. This improves the confidentiality and integrity of data, as well as the availability of business-critical applications.
To ensure strong, quality keys are used in encryption generation, the solution employs the Nokia 1830 Security Management Server, which provides centralized key management for the entire cryptographic life cycle of each encrypted service.
Combined with optical intrusion detection tools, including the Nokia Wavelength Tracker and Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) capability, network operators are able to localize issues and detect intrusions through variations in power levels. This improves network security while retaining the flexibility to support a wide range of applications and services, including:
- Data center interconnect
- LAN interconnect
- High-performance computing
- Wavelength services
- Carrier Ethernet services
Learn more about the importance of Layer 1 encryption and centralized key management by clicking the link below:
How can your business benefit from the Secure Optical Transport solution?
Establishes effective Layer 1 encryption as part of an overall defense-in-depth strategy to protect business-critical data
- Provides first line of defense, complementing other network layers
- Encrypts the whole data flow with low latency and high-bandwidth efficiency
- Enables high-bandwidth, wire-speed encryption at the lowest cost/encrypted bit
- Delivers better scale and service transparency supporting a wide range of applications and services
Lowers the cost of ongoing security management using centralized, unified key management
- Hosted on certified hardware appliance meeting stringent requirements
- Single point of trust and single point key revocation
- Unified policies for key management.
- Built with security-recognized expert partnership
Fully independently certified solution that ensures compliance with strict security standards
- Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance
- Federal Information Processing Standards
- ANSSI Qualification Standard
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
Learn more about the Nokia Secure Optical Transport solution
Protect your data in-flight while ensuring data confidentiality, integrity, and high availability.
- Unified, certified and secure transport networks for critical infrastructure providers
- Secure optical transport with the 1830 Photonic Service Switch
#telcocloud, #LTE from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Networks is a recognized world leader in optical networking delivering end-to-end solutions to service providers and enterprises anywhere in the world. Leveraging our equipment and services, we facilitate new service offerings and revenue streams. We have a global reach and scale, with a presence in over 130 countries.