Nokia Optical LAN
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, Nokia Optical LAN won a golden plaque with its "LAN Savings Calculator" at the APOLAN Member Awards 2017 in the Promotion category. The Promotion Award recognizes member companies that have implemented promotion, advertising and marketing initiatives to contribute to the awareness of Passive Optical LAN and its benefits, between November 1, 2016 and October 31, 2017. The Member Awards is an annual initiative recognizing member companies that have embraced the Association's mission to educate, advocate and promote the global adoption of Passive Optical LAN.
It's time for Optical LAN
Optical LAN speeds up Nokia offices
Build a LAN that exceeds expectations
Redefine the business-as-usual connected experience with an Optical LAN from Nokia.
Our Optical LAN solutions help public and private sector organizations address evolving service demands with outstanding network performance. They allow businesses, governments, hospitals, hotels, real estate developers, and universities to:
- Reduce costs by deploying one simple network
- Add capacity to boost business performance
- Improve mobile connectivity for all users
Our solutions can help your organization, too. With an Optical LAN, you can deliver better service experiences, lower your costs, and get value from your network for decades to come.
How can an Optical LAN help your organization?
Businesses: Get gigabit networking that reduces OPEX, increases business agility, and sustains mission-critical services.
Discover passive optical LAN for businesses
Governments: Deliver better services to citizens, reduce administration costs, and use public funds more effectively.
Discover passive optical LAN for governments
Hospitals: Provide faster connections for data services and medical devices, share healthcare data more efficiently, and support remote medical services.
Discover passive optical LAN for hospitals
Hotels and tourist attractions: Improve the guest experience, simplify operations, and reduce IT budgets.
Discover passive optical LAN for hospitality and tourism
Real estate developers: Use fast fiber connections to increase property values and bring smarter operations to homes, offices, and shopping malls.
Discover passive optical LAN for real estate
Universities: Support video-based learning, enrich digital education offers, and optimize educational resource use.
Discover passive optical LAN for universities
Deliver a premium service experience
- Eliminate bottlenecks with a market-proven high-capacity fiber solution
- Experience gigabit speeds and unlimited bandwidth potential
- Protect sensitive information with military-grade security and data encryption
Reduce CAPEX and OPEX
- Streamline operations by converging all services on one simple, centrally managed LAN
- Cut energy consumption with passive equipment that needs no power or cooling
- Free up office space by deploying smaller and more efficient networking equipment
- Decrease cabling costs by replacing bulky copper bundles with simple, space-saving fiber
- Connect new campus sites easily with LAN technology that covers 200x more area
Deploy a long-term solution
- Get value for 50+ years by investing in a scalable, fiber-based LAN
- Control evolution costs by reusing cables and access nodes for new services and bandwidth increases
- Prepare for the future by supporting incremental migration to TWDM-PON and 40 Gbps symmetrical bandwidth
Choose GPON for today and tomorrow
Build for the present and future with a LAN based on gigabit passive optical networking (GPON) technology. GPON is the fastest growing broadband access technology worldwide. Our GPON-based LAN gives you the bandwidth and scalability you need to keep pace with demand for ultra-broadband services.
- Deliver gigabit LAN performance with our high-capacity 7360 ISAM FX OLT. This field-proven gigabit access node can support all your services.
- Bring a superior service experience to every user with our 7368 ISAM ONT. This end-user equipment supports Wi-Fi®, power over Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- Control all LAN systems from one centralized platform with the advanced tools provided by our 5571 POL Command Center.
Videos, white papers and more
Nokia is the worldwide leader in fixed access technologies. We offer 20+ years of broadband experience, with over 250 customers, and have shipped more than 55 million GPON ports worldwide. Our Optical LAN solutions help all types of organizations build LANs that support premium service experiences, reduce cost, and deliver value for decades.