Profit from enhanced broadband and IoT/MTC opportunities and evolve to 5G with confidence
The Nokia Cloud Packet Core can help you profitably deliver converged broadband, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine-type communication (MTC) services while evolving to a 5G Core.
Our cloud-native packet core design provides the reliability, scalability, flexibility, and performance you need to meet the networking requirements and economics for a diverse range of services.
Our solution anchors multi-technology access across both wireless (licensed, unlicensed, and shared) and fixed networks. With hybrid access, wireless and fixed network capacity is combined to increase bandwidth and performance, improve reliability, and enhance the user experience.
The Nokia Cloud Packet Core delivers automated cloud networking with dynamic lifecycle management capabilities. These capabilities help you improve service velocity, agility, and operational efficiency for multiple industries and verticals, including consumer mobile, residential, enterprise, and government.
How can you benefit from our Cloud Packet Core?
Our packet core helps you seize new opportunities profitably and cost effectively while evolving with confidence.
- Deliver enhanced broadband services
- Provide residential and business customers with seamless multi-access connectivity for increased capacity and service resilience
- Expand your reach into new vertical segments
- Diversify your offer with IoT and MTC services
- Offer new low-latency and high-availability services
- Create new service-aware applications and manage network congestion with integrated application assurance capabilities
- Leverage your existing wireless investment to support the evolution to 5G Core
Explore our Cloud Packet Core portfolio
We’ve designed our Cloud Packet Core portfolio to provide flexible deployment options. You can deploy our products as pre-integrated and modular server-based platforms or cloud-native virtualized network functions (VNFs) to drive improved economics.
By combining these products with our industry-leading physical network function (PNF) mobile gateways, you can deliver high packet processing and user plane forwarding performance for high-speed services. The Cloud Packet Core’s cloud-native design includes control/user plane separation (CUPS) capabilities that support centralized and distributed architectures, software disaggregation, state-efficient processing, a common data layer, and network slicing.
To enable evolution to 5G, the Cloud Packet Core supports both non-standalone and standalone deployment options. It adds 5G Core functions and a service-based control plane architecture.
- [Telecoms Tech] Opinion: Achieving business agility with a cloud-native approach
- [Telecom Asia] 5G Insights: Is 5G finally ready for prime time?
- [Fierce Wireless] Virtualization isn’t enough: Hidden considerations in packet core innovation
- [Telecoms.com] An intelligent multi-access core is central to a global interconnected fabric
- [IT ProPortal] A common multi-access core will be key for the digitized enterprise
- [EDN.com] Building 5G networks from the core up
- Connecting people and things in the connected world
- Advances in IIoT made possible by innovations in 5G, virtualization and the cloud
- Designing cloud-native 5G Core Networks
- [RCR Wireless] Embracing an industry inflection point with the cloud-native packet core
- Building a cloud-native core for a 5G world
- [Heavy Reading] cloud-native packet core for operator IoT services
- Evolution to a 5G Core
- Low-latency services with Nokia 4.9G and Cloud Packet Core solution
- Nokia's Cloud Packet Core: Profit from opportunity, evolve with confidence
- Concurrent service delivery across wireless and fixed connectivity with hybrid access
- Deliver an enhanced user experience with advanced Nokia mobile core capabilities
- Nokia Cloud Packet Core playlist
- Vodafone India deploys Nokia Cloud Packet Core 07 Jun 2018
- Nokia and SKT conduct trial of LTE-based video and voice applications to enhance public safety in South Korea 11 Apr 2018
- Nokia and T-Mobile leading the way with nationwide 5G multi-band network rollout across the United States28 Feb 2018
- Nokia implements Future X network architecture for 5G to deliver breakthrough network performance and reduce costs29 Jan 2018
- Nokia cloud-native packet core solution selected by Telia Company to deliver mobile broadband and manage mobile network data demand 17 Jan 2018