Nokia NetAct manages traditional and cloud-based networks
Constant network growth, a combination of different mobile broadband technologies and the need for simplicity requires network management to evolve.
Nokia NetAct meets these challenges – because it is readily scalable, not only can it handle evolving technology, but also network growth and changes in your service offering.
Above all, NetAct gives you a single, consolidated view of any mobile network, even the most complicated multi-domain, multi-technology system. It is virtualized for minimal downtime and resilience. With NetAct, you can rest assured your customers are getting the best experience possible.
Industry-first cloud-ready back-up and restore system
Nokia introduces NetAct Archive Cloud the agile, innovative and cloud-ready back-up and restore system for the telco cloud market. The system provides continuous, real-time monitoring capabilities, giving service providers greater visibility into network conditions at any point in time.
NetAct Archive Cloud answers the most critical challenges of the back-up market in cloud: data growth, business changes and data analysis and delivery. Today, stored data is under-leveraged – valuable insights that could improve network operations are not being utilized.
With Nokia NetAct Archive Cloud, service providers can access a rich set of functionalities that provide in depth information for upper level management systems and secure the data flow.
It’s time for small to make a Big impact
Nokia has listened carefully to the industry need for a state-of-the art network management system designed to address the specific requirements of smaller mobile, enterprise and public sector networks. NetAct Compact is Nokia’s latest network management system innovation, offering tailored network management capabilities for small mobile networks and mission and business-critical networks. NetAct Compact delivers core NetAct functionality intended for larger networks, combined with a software-only delivery, while being optimized for smaller-scale mobile network operational and budget requirements.
Virtualized Network Management System
NetAct’s virtualized platform enables efficient use of hardware. Being virtual also supports near-zero downtime during upgrades and improved availability, including advanced high availability solutions.
Offering the same features and functions as NetAct, the NetAct Cloud variant enables you to transform your data center while using your existing hardware and virtualization environment.
Nokia NetAct offers a clear way forward with:
- A uniform set of tools to manage radio and core networks, all accessed through a single view
- One system management of multi-technology networks based on industry standards and open architecture
- Automated processes to cut the cost of administration, maintenance and system integration
- Fast pass capability enabling new mobile network software to be deployed without Network Management System upgrades
NetAct has a proven track record with new technologies – it already handles the change from 3G to LTE and small cells and is continuously updated to be ready for the next wave of technology.
In June 2015 Nokia was awarded for “Innovation in Networking Technologies” for Nokia Telco Cloud Management. Comprising three main entities – Nokia Cloud Network Director, Nokia Cloud Application Manager and Nokia NetAct™ – it uses a modular, layered architecture based on the ETSI reference model and offers operators an end-to-end management solution. Read about the Pipeline Innovation Awards.
Nokia NetAct is the major, virtualized Network Management System in the market, used by over 470 mobile operators customers. Customer case examples include:
Moinul Islam from Bell Canada discusses their strategy and vision for network operations and how they do that in close cooperation with Nokia.
Mike Curry, Senior Manager Design & Development, EE UK reflects on the changes and challenges of the role of Network Management Systems, including Nokia NetAct, and shares his expectations and wishes for evolution going forward.
Fernando Benelli, NOC Manager Claro Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, talks about the tools used today in their NOCs and SOCs, ongoing changes and focus areas as well as future needs for network operations.
- Nokia software brings new levels of intelligence and automation to service provider networks #MWC1722 Feb 2017
- Nokia announces NetAct(TM) Compact: Delivers sophisticated virtualized network management capabilities to smaller mobile networks12 Oct 2016
- Nokia launches NetAct™ Cloud network management system, helps pave way to 5G11 May 2016
- Nokia launches analytics to predict network capacity needs and to protect IPTV service quality #MWC1604 Feb 2016
Related blog posts
- Daunted by future network backup requirements? Don’t be.24 Feb 2017
- Is your Network Management System 5G ready? It’s time!27 Jan 2017
- Virtual attraction – what’s the killer app in G.fast virtualization?04 Jan 2017
- “I didn’t know Nokia does so much in OSS!”21 Dec 2016
- Predicting service disruptions really works – now let’s talk analytics algorithms08 Dec 2016
#BSSOSS from @Nokianetworks
Nokia NetAct goes beyond simply managing network resources - it intelligently captures and processes your most relevant network insights, giving full visibility and control over your radio, core and telco cloud networks. With our innovative solutions and established track record in network management, Nokia is a trusted vendor for operators who want to make the most of their network.