Nokia NetAct is the virtualized OSS that goes beyond network management
Constant network growth, a combination of different mobile broadband technologies and the need for simplicity require the OSS to evolve.
Nokia NetAct meets these challenges – because it is readily scalable, not only can it handle evolving technology, but also network growth and changes in your service offering.
Above all, NetAct gives you a single, consolidated view of any network, even the most complicated multi-domain, multi-technology system. It is virtualized for minimal downtime and resilience. With NetAct, you can rest assured your customers are getting the best experience possible.
Nokia Network Management Breakfast in Nice, France May 11, 2016
During TM Forum Live! Nokia hosted an executive level customer event to share the views on current and future trends in network management. The focus was on automation and 5G operations. In this video Caroline Chappell from Heavy Reading and Peter Patomella from Nokia reflect on the key points from the operator roundtable discussions.
Caroline Chappell, Practice Leader Cloud and NFV at Heavy Reading and Peter Patomella, Vice President, Network Management & SON at Nokia
NetAct’s virtualized platform enables efficient use of hardware. Being virtual also supports near-zero downtime during upgrades and improved availability, including advanced high availability solutions.
Offering the same features and functions as NetAct, the NetAct Cloud variant enables you to transform your data center while using your existing hardware and virtualization environment.
Clear way forward
- NetAct offers a uniform set of tools to manage radio, core and transport networks, all accessed through a single view.
- Based on industry standards and open architecture, NetAct lets you manage multi-technology networks with one system.
- Automated processes cut the cost of administration, maintenance and system integration.
- NetAct fast pass capability enables new mobile network software to be deployed without OSS upgrades.
NetAct offers full visibility of traditional and cloud-based networks. It supports hybrid networks, providing a logical step-by-step transition to virtualized network functions.
5G-ready Nokia NetAct manages all mobile network technologies, offering complete and fully automated network control. Nokia NetAct recognizes and manages network slices to meet the needs of different business models.
NetAct has a proven track record with new technologies – it already handles the change from 3G to LTE and small cells and is continuously updated to be ready for the next wave of technology.
In June 2015 Nokia was awarded for “Innovation in Networking Technologies” for Nokia Telco Cloud Management. Comprising three main entities – Nokia Cloud Network Director, Nokia Cloud Application Manager and Nokia NetAct™ – it uses a modular, layered architecture based on the ETSI reference model and offers operators an end-to-end management solution. Read about the Pipeline Innovation Awards.
Nokia NetAct is the major, virtualized OSS in the market, used by 500 customers.
Moinul Islam from Bell Canada describes its cooperation with Nokia and its views on priorities in the OSS business.
- Nokia and China Mobile sign EUR 1.36 billion frame agreement13 Jun 2016
- Nokia launches NetAct™ Cloud network management system, helps pave way to 5G11 May 2016
- 5G-ready Nokia AirScale redefines radio access, closes the gap between the IT and telco worlds #MWC1621 Feb 2016
- Nokia Networks' launches help operators execute strategic decisions in cloud transformation #NetworksPerform07 Sep 2015
- Nokia Networks unveils new Nokia Eden-NET product for self-organizing mobile networks13 Jul 2015
Related blog posts
- Take time out to rethink the role of your Network Management System06 May 2016
- What on earth is happening under the telco cloud: trends revealed05 Nov 2015
- Sleep soundly while Nokia Performance Manager as a Service does the work29 Oct 2015
- OSSii ecosystem growing strong as ZTE, Tektronix and Anite join the family01 Sep 2015
- Comptel-Nokia partnership helps operators connect digital supply with demand07 Jul 2015
#BSSOSS for @Nokianetworks
Nokia NetAct goes beyond simply managing network resources - it intelligently captures and processes your most relevant network insights, giving full visibility and control over your radio, core and telco cloud networks. With our innovative solutions and established track record in network management, Nokia is a trusted vendor for operators who want to make the most of their network.