Nokia NetAct manages traditional and cloud-based networks
Constant network growth, a combination of different mobile broadband technologies and the need for simplicity requires network managment to evolve.
Nokia NetAct meets these challenges – because it is readily scalable, not only can it handle evolving technology, but also network growth and changes in your service offering.
Above all, NetAct gives you a single, consolidated view of any mobile network, even the most complicated multi-domain, multi-technology system. It is virtualized for minimal downtime and resilience. With NetAct, you can rest assured your customers are getting the best experience possible.
Nokia Network Management Breakfast in Nice, France May 11, 2016
During TM Forum Live! Nokia hosted an executive level customer event to share and discuss the views on current and future trends in network management. The focus was on automation and 5G operations. To learn about the topics discussed you can :
|Analyst noteDownload the analyst note from herePDF||Read the analyst note by Caroline Chappell, Heavy Reading,summarizing the major topics of discussions.|
|Watch the video Caroline Chappell from Heavy Reading and Peter Patomella from Nokia reflecting on the key points from the operator roundtable discussions.|
Virtualized Network Management System
NetAct’s virtualized platform enables efficient use of hardware. Being virtual also supports near-zero downtime during upgrades and improved availability, including advanced high availability solutions.
Offering the same features and functions as NetAct, the NetAct Cloud variant enables you to transform your data center while using your existing hardware and virtualization environment.
Nokia NetAct offers a clear way forward with:
- A uniform set of tools to manage radio and core networks, all accessed through a single view
- One system management of multi-technology networks based on industry standards and open architecture
- Automated processes to cut the cost of administration, maintenance and system integration
- Fast pass capability enabling new mobile network software to be deployed without Network Management System upgrades
NetAct has a proven track record with new technologies – it already handles the change from 3G to LTE and small cells and is continuously updated to be ready for the next wave of technology.
In June 2015 Nokia was awarded for “Innovation in Networking Technologies” for Nokia Telco Cloud Management. Comprising three main entities – Nokia Cloud Network Director, Nokia Cloud Application Manager and Nokia NetAct™ – it uses a modular, layered architecture based on the ETSI reference model and offers operators an end-to-end management solution. Read about the Pipeline Innovation Awards.
Nokia NetAct is the major, virtualized Network Management System in the market, used by over 470 mobile operators customers. Customer case examples include:
|Moinul Islam from Bell Canada discusses their strategy and vision for network operations and how they do that in close cooperation with Nokia.|
|Mike Curry, Senior Manager Design & Development, EE UK reflects on the changes and challenges of the role of Network Management Systems, including Nokia NetAct, and shares his expectations and wishes for evolution going forward.|
||Fernando Benelli, NOC Manager Claro Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, talks about the tools used today in their NOCs and SOCs, ongoing changes and focus areas as well as future needs for network operations.|
- Nokia and China Mobile sign EUR 1.36 billion frame agreement13 Jun 2016
- Nokia launches NetAct™ Cloud network management system, helps pave way to 5G11 May 2016
- 5G-ready Nokia AirScale redefines radio access, closes the gap between the IT and telco worlds #MWC1621 Feb 2016
- Nokia Networks' launches help operators execute strategic decisions in cloud transformation #NetworksPerform07 Sep 2015
- Nokia Networks unveils new Nokia Eden-NET product for self-organizing mobile networks13 Jul 2015
Related blog posts
- Network automation – operators map their route to the future22 June 2016
- Take time out to rethink the role of your Network Management System06 May 2016
- What on earth is happening under the telco cloud: trends revealed05 Nov 2015
- Sleep soundly while Nokia Performance Manager as a Service does the work29 Oct 2015
- OSSii ecosystem growing strong as ZTE, Tektronix and Anite join the family01 Sep 2015
- Comptel-Nokia partnership helps operators connect digital supply with demand07 Jul 2015
Nokia NetAct goes beyond simply managing network resources - it intelligently captures and processes your most relevant network insights, giving full visibility and control over your radio, core and telco cloud networks. With our innovative solutions and established track record in network management, Nokia is a trusted vendor for operators who want to make the most of their network.