Build a WAN for your current and emerging communications
Nokia mission-critical WAN solutions help you build a secure, reliable, scalable, and flexible communications infrastructure to serve your vital operations and business services.
Our WAN infrastructure lets you converge all application traffic on one network with assured QoS and advanced security. It can help you reduce OPEX, preserve the integrity of your legacy communications applications, and support new applications.
We provide WAN solutions for organizations in many industries, including transportation, energy, government, healthcare, finance, education, and other enterprises. We can help you meet essential communications and business needs with a WAN that combines the best of IP/MPLS, optical, and microwave technologies.
ConvergenceTo deliver multiple services over one network
Deterministic QOSTo ensure necessary network and application performance
Bridging past to futureTo support IP, Ethernet and legacy TDM
Rigorous securityTo safeguard traffic and the network
High availabilityTo support mission critical applications without interruptions
Simplified managementTo enable efficient operations
Two examples among many from our WAN portfolio
Mission-critical WAN for power utilities
Improve grid control and oversight, and enable smart grid applications by transitioning to a utility-grade IP/MPLS and packet optical network.
Mission-critical transmission networks for railways
Support critical applications and passenger services with a converged network based on IP/MPLS, packet optical and microwave technologies.
Realize the benefits of a modernized WAN
Converge all mission-critical operations and business traffic onto one network
- Migrate legacy application traffic gracefully
- Deploy new applications rapidly
- Prepare for emerging applications with minimal risk investment
Reduce OPEX and get full value from your communications infrastructure
- Use bandwidth more efficiently with application-specific quality of service (QoS)
- Simplify your operations with common network and service management for IP/MPLS, optical, and microwave
Preserve the integrity and functionality of mission-critical operations applications
- Meet the strict reliability requirements of mission-critical networks with rugged, resilient network equipment
- Make network performance predictable with MPLS traffic engineering
- Provide assured throughput and availability for critical applications
- Ensure data security with encryption, and intrusion detection capabilities
Ready for the future today
- Support new IP/Ethernet-based applications with a scalable, reliable, and secure network infrastructure
- Streamline new technology implementation with advanced IP/MPLS service and network management tools
- Control costs and avoid disruptions as you migrate to new systems
Succeed with a complete WAN solution
Our mission-critical WAN solutions combine field-proven products from our IP routing, optical, and microwave portfolios. You can choose the components you need and work with our experts to adapt them to address your mission-critical operations and business communication requirements.
More insights about our mission-critical WAN infrastructure solutions
- Deploying IP/MPLS communications networks for smart grids
- Mission-critical communications networks for railway operators
- IP/MPLS networks for highways
- Photonic networks for transportation
- Photonic transport networks for utilities
Nokia can help you deploy a next-generation WAN for your mission-critical applications. Our WAN solutions let you converge all your communications traffic onto one secure, reliable, scalable, and flexible network. We work with you every step of the way, from network consulting to design, architecture, project management, deployment, integration, and migration. With our help, you can build a WAN that reduces OPEX, preserves your legacy applications, and makes it easier to support new applications.