Seeing is believing
Deliver an exceptional multiscreen video experience with Nokia IP Video.
Our IP Video innovations let you build a scalable video platform that leverages the latest cloud and IP technologies. These technologies will help you generate new revenue, reduce costs, and meet expectations for outstanding digital media delivery.
With IP Video, you can create a powerful distribution channel for your content partners – and exciting new opportunities for your business.
What do we mean by IP video?
IP video is our vision for multiscreen video delivery over a unified IP infrastructure. With IP video, you host advanced TV services in the cloud and stream content to consumer-owned devices.
We’re advancing this vision with innovations that help you migrate smoothly to IP video and realize the full potential of cloud TV.
Get full value from IP video
IP technologies are changing the way subscribers discover, consume, and interact with their favorite shows. These technologies give you new opportunities to capitalize on HTTP adaptive streaming and the widespread availability of internet-enabled consumer electronics.
What will television platforms look like in 5 or 10 years? New trends will bring new opportunities to reach and captivate subscribers:
- TV will be personalized. By moving intelligence back into the network, you can deliver personalized services while reducing complexity and cost.
- Unicast traffic will dominate. By optimizing and virtualizing your network, you can reduce transport costs and improve the subscriber experience.
- Back-end systems will move to the cloud. By building modular, best-of-breed solutions, you can react to changing market requirements faster.
With our IP Video solutions, you can deliver the great experiences your subscribers want. And you can do it an economical way.
Build a platform for delivering personalized multiscreen video services
How can your business benefit from our IP Video solution?
With our IP Video innovations, your subscribers can consume their own mix of video content from pay TV and online sources.
Powerful video networks
Deliver massive scalability and service-layer flexibility with IP distribution and cloud-based services.
Enhanced video experiences
Offer personalized video experiences that can be enjoyed seamlessly on any screen.
Open to new opportunities
Develop creative new ways to generate revenue and realize the full potential of your network.
Customers speak out
Sky enhances on-demand video services in the UK
"Using Nokia’s Velocix CDN, we have greater traffic visibility in the network, allowing us to regain control of managing the network capacity. Deploying the solution deep in the network also ensures we can manage delivery more effectively to improve performance and the customer experience." Mohamed Hammady, UK Chief Technology Officer, Sky
Carriers prepare for unicast pressures (article)
“Our driving force for building our own CDN was that we needed to bring down our own costs. [We] got payback in a year.” Ibrahim Gedeon, CTO, Telus
Telefónica’s Roberto Jose Porras Menendez at 2014 CDN World Summit (video)
“In the last 12 months we have introduced innovative services like network DVR into our market thanks to this technology and we have doubled the number of subscribers.” Roberto Jose Porras Menendez, brand manager, Movistar TV, Telefónica
Discover our IP Video innovations
Our products and solutions draw on our Bell Labs innovations and proven expertise in IP and video network transformation. We have earned multiple awards for our service provider content delivery network (CDN) and Cloud DVR. And we are market leaders in both domains.
We are open to continuous innovation from industry-leading partners. Our partnerships help us build best-of-breed IP video platforms that work the way you need them to.
More insights on our IP Video solution
- Your video. Your way. Your time.
- Fred Dawson from ScreenPlays interviews Paul Larbey from Nokia about new opportunities in OTT video and dynamic advertising
- Key considerations for designing an OTT solution
- Making Any Vision a future reality
- The highly personalized future of television
- IP video systems integration
- IP Video, cloud, and NFV
- Velocix Content Delivery Network
- Nokia agrees with Volaris Group on sale of IP Video business and creation of Velocix, a pure play streaming technology company
- Nokia and France Télévisions show how 5G can enhance viewers' video experiences with 8K Ultra High Definition streaming
- Nokia offers a look at the future of television at IBC
- Nokia delivers highly customizable, cloud-based platform for creating "any screen" TV experiences
#IPvideo from @Nokianetworks
Nokia IP Video innovations let you use cloud and IP technologies to build a truly modular and flexible network architecture and deliver the personalized multiscreen video services your subscribers expect. With our CDN, Cloud DVR, and systems integration services you can cost effectively deliver on-demand video to a variety of connected devices. Our leading product portfolio, global team of video experts, proven field expertise, and Bell Labs innovations help you meet demand for better video experiences.