One network as nimble as the cloud
Integrate your IP routing and optical transport networks into a unified infrastructure with Nokia technology. Optimize your network resources, costs and performance to better compete in an on-demand world. You’ll like the benefits of one network as nimble as the cloud.
With the move to SDN and cloud services, there is immense pressure to simplify and streamline operations and control costs.
Bell Labs’ latest business case shows centralized path computation can accommodate more revenue-generating traffic on your network.
With the move to all-IP, SDN and cloud services, IP/optical integration can help operators simplify and streamline their operations while driving better cost synergies.
You need a more agile and packet-optimized network infrastructure. One that responds to new cost and performance pressures as services converge on IP and move into the cloud. Integrating your IP routing and optical transport networks can help you meet these challenges.
IP routing and optical transport technologies have many interdependencies and complementary strengths. Yet these synergies are often locked away in separate operational silos. You value agility, scale, and efficiency. Break down the silos. Benefit from a single cost-efficient and streamlined infrastructure that adapts quickly to changing traffic patterns and new ways of consuming network services on-demand.
Establish a converged multi-layer network infrastructure with unified control and open, software-defined networking (SDN) interfaces that leverage our state-of-the-art routing and optical transport technologies.
- Optimize use of routing and transport assets
- Cut operational costs with streamlined multi-layer operation
- Consume and monetize resources with dynamic control
Build a nimbler network
Break down the operational and technological barriers that impede routing and transport convergence. Choose an IP/optical integration solution from Nokia.
- Forward and protect traffic at the most economical network layer
- Save on optical transponder costs by integrating WDM optics in routers
- Deploy integrated packet transport to save on router overlays and fill metro fiber capacity more efficiently
- Leverage agile optical transport to build efficient ‘express lanes’ for IP traffic through the photonic switching layer
- Reduce the cost and complexity of operating routing and transport with cross-domain network management
- Orchestrate operations across administrative boundaries, avoiding manual operator intervention and complex workflow coordination
- Run a hotter network without compromising reliability by closing the loop between MPLS routing and the GMPLS transport control plane
- Automate service delivery and enable SDN control integration with open and programmable network interfaces
- Integrate the cloud and network control planes for zero-touch delivery of on-demand service applications in a network-as-a-service model
- Allocate and adjust network capacity elastically to accommodate evolving cloud service dynamics and quickly respond to fluctuating demand patterns
Integrate your network with Nokia
Your network, goals, and operational requirements are unique. With our comprehensive and flexible integration approach, you can maximize potential efficiencies and minimize the cost and effort of transforming and integrating your network infrastructure.
Our solutions encompass the data plane, control plane and management plane. So you can optimize the value of each technology, rationalize costs, and reduce your total cost of ownership.
Get the flexibility to mix and match according to deployment and operational needs based on our broad portfolio of both IP routing and optical transport solutions. And benefit from our cross-domain, multi-technology approach to end-to-end management of IP routing and optical transport assets.
- A strategy for IP/optical integration
- Computing a path to more profits
- A unified approach to automation and control of IP/optical networks