IP/MPLS Mobile Backhaul
Nokia IP/MPLS Mobile Backhaul offers a portfolio of products to address backhaul needs of 2G, 3G and LTE macro cells; 3G, LTE and Wi-Fi® metro cells; and heterogeneous networks. It provides the versatility, scale, and operational simplicity you need to ensure rapid deployment of bandwidth to subscribers. It helps you manage costs and complexity as traffic and the number of cells increase. The solution supports all backhaul architectures and offers proactive cell site monitoring, independent of the site access mechanism and whether the network is self-built, leased, or a combination.
IP/MPLS Mobile Backhaul is a key component in the Nokia end-to-end mobile backhaul solution, which provides the flexibility, scale, and operational simplicity to lower the total cost of ownership and simultaneously enhance the mobile service.
With IP/MPLS Mobile Backhaul, you can rapidly deploy bandwidth to cell sites and support a differentiated mobile experience.
Rapidly support the optimal cell site location
- Ability to leverage the most cost-effective access to the cell site
- Backhaul topology and cell site synchronization flexibility
- Solutions for indoor and outdoor metro cells, and macro cells
Achieve maximum backhaul performance
- Proven tools to monitor backhaul performance
- Powerful traffic management supporting superior subscriber quality of experience
- End-to-end reliable solutions
Scale the network cost effectively
- Scalable cell site access and aggregation
- Proven, high capacity VPNs: Ethernet, IPv4/IPv6, IP VPNs
- Self-built and/or leased backhaul flexibility
Be operationally efficient
- Minimized need for cell site visits for deployment and repair
- Operations aligned across single vendor or multi-vendor, metro cells and/or macro cells
- Professional services with IP and wireless expertise to ensure one-stop planning, installation, and deployment
Deployment, management, end-user benefits
Grow and retain subscribers by maximizing the mobile experience
- Infrastructure that supports increased subscriber bandwidth demands
- Ability to react quickly to subscriber demand with optimally-located cell sites
- Increased capacity to support high bandwidth data applications
IP/MPLS mobile backhaul offers a portfolio of products to support all architectures. The solution addresses the needs of mobile network and fixed/mobile operators, as well as backhaul transport providers.