IP Mobile Core
Embrace a world of new possibilities
The Nokia IP Mobile Core is a foundation piece you can use to build your winning strategy in a world where the game has changed. The global shift to 4G LTE and cloud infrastructures signals great challenges in mobile networks. But it also opens a world of opportunity for the mobile network operator equipped to win.
Our IP Mobile Core equips you to win.
It is a mobile packet core with the performance, scale, and reliability to deliver a seamless customer experience across all mobile broadband services.
It tackles today's shifts in traffic patterns and increasingly unpredictable signaling requirements. And it helps you unlock revenue opportunities, bolster customer loyalty, and dramatically improve the user experience.
See our newest IP routing features in action
Demonstrations from SReXperts highlight the newest product functionality and performance rolling out for today’s networks. It’s just like being there!
Virtualized EPC for today's 4G/LTE networks
Offer services faster, ensure scalability and performance, and migrate to NFV and SDN at your own pace.
EPC for small cell networks
Our evolved packet core provides the scalability and features needed for large 4G LTE small cell deployments.
Going virtual in the Evolved Packet Core
Our IP Mobile Core has been designed for the evolution to cloud networking.
Realize the benefits of a Nokia virtualized Evolved Packet Core:
- Create and implement new mobile services with more agility and speed
- Match network capacity to real-time demand with elastic scaling
- Use resources more efficiently by sharing a common network infrastructure
- Improve operational efficiency and automation
The cornerstones of our IP Mobile Core
Service delivery, seamless experience and scalable growth are the cornerstones of our IP Mobile Core. And they equip you to capitalize on emerging service trends.
Deliver mobile broadband services across all wireless access technologies, including 2G/3G, LTE/4G, and Wi-Fi®.
Our IP Mobile Core is designed to handle rigorous, unpredictable traffic from a variety of services. It offers enhanced data processing capabilities, advanced mobility management features, and a flexible, easy-to-use policy creation environment.
Deliver a seamless, persistent, secure mobile broadband experience to your customers, across all access methods. Your subscribers will enjoy their mobile broadband experience "on the move" — with no interruptions or security concerns.
Our IP Mobile Core can be deployed in a traditional environment or a virtual cloud environment, and is designed for scalable growth. Rather than squeezing services into best-effort pipes, we can deliver them on dedicated connections reserved for each service and its specific Quality of Service (QoS) requirements.
A highly flexible architecture
The IP Mobile Core is a complete 2G/3G/4G/Wi-Fi® core solution offering both physical and virtual network function deployment options and built with field-proven, highly reliable software.
Each option can be deployed either in stand-alone or combined configurations:
- The 7750 SR Mobile Gateway and Virtualized Mobile Gateway support the SGW, PGW, GGSN mobile core network functions and the ePDG and TWAG functions for both trusted and untrusted Wi-Fi access.
- The 9471 Wireless Mobility Manager and Virtualized Mobility Manager perform the MME and SGSN functions.
- The Dynamic Services Controller supports the PCRF, Diameter control, and smart charging functions both on dedicated hardware platforms and as virtualized network functions.
- The Subscriber Data Manager consolidates multiple profile data managers for both fixed and mobile networks including HSS, HLR, and EIR functions.
- Securing mobile networks
- Monetize over-the-top mobile applications
- Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG)
- Is your EPC ready for the small cells onslaught?
- Mobile network security for 4G/LTE and Wi-Fi
- Take full advantage of LTE with VoWi-Fi
- vEPC in LTE networks: Time to move ahead
- Network operations tools can be more efficient
- Monetize your over-the-top mobile apps
- ePDG: Expanding your mobile services footprint