IP Core Routing
Rethink your core beliefs
Scale, efficiency, and versatility on a single platform – without compromise. Get a core router as powerful and innovative as the internet it supports.
Discover the Nokia 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS) portfolio.
Demonstrations from SReXperts highlight the newest product functionality and performance rolling out for today’s networks. It’s just like being there!
Core routing approaches today force expensive trade-offs between scale and functionality. Accept no compromises. Address core network growth with a platform that combines scale and capability with the flexibility to address future needs.
Space is finite. Are you adding more core routers, when what you want is to add capacity in your existing footprint? Grow gracefully with a core router that delivers 5x the density of what's available today.
Energy costs are high. So it's frustrating to use more and more power to operate a mounting number of core routers. Get relief with a core router that draws 66 percent less power than you're used to.
Inefficiency in the core is undermining your profitability. Deploy a core router that reduces your power and space requirements by 50 percent over a five-year horizon.
"Verizon is experiencing tremendous growth in metro Ethernet services. Platforms such as the [Nokia] 7950 XRS will help us efficiently scale to support higher speeds and new capabilities while offering efficiency and flexibility. We applaud [Nokia] for its bold approach to router value and performance."
Ihab Tarazi, vice president, global IP and transport planning and technology, Verizon
Built on a proven foundation
The power of FP3
Silicon innovation drives platforms such as the 7950 XRS to deliver unmatched density, scale, and power efficiency. The industry's first and only 400G network processor, the in-house developed, highly programmable FP3 chipset is the foundation for Nokia's service provider routing systems. A 400G chipset yields the perfect geometry for full utilization in all possible configurations – which results in the highest density in the market, and lowest space and power requirements.
The reliability of a proven OS
Deployed by more than 400 service providers, the Service Router Operating System (SR OS) is the preferred OS in some of the world's largest and most resilient IP networks. The SR OS maximizes service scale and delivery with non-stop routing capabilities, and provides consistent monitoring tools across IP, MPLS and Ethernet domains. Add new suites of feature capabilities with a simple in-service software upgrade – expanding the scope of applications in your network without disruption.
Learn how the SR OS delivers reliability
The 5620 SAM gives you a powerful end-to-end view of your network. Optimize your core network operations, scenario planning, and troubleshooting at the network, service, and control plane levels. And, as you integrate IP and optical domains within the core network, the 5620 SAM gives you increased cross-layer visibility while preserving the flexibility to divide and control workflows.
Read about the benefits of the 5620 SAM in IP core and converged IP/optical core networks
- Segment Routing and Path Computation Element
- Virtualized Service Router – Route Reflector
- Infographic: The road to a better return on network investments
- Capitalizing on IP/optical control integration
- EVPN overview presentation
- Upscaling the metro: Deploying the 7950 XRS in the metro core
- Deliver high performance and scale with virtual route reflection
- Quantifying IP/optical control integration synergies
- Closing the loop with IP/Optical integration
- Ethernet VPN services: A new delivery model
- Evolve to seamless MPLS
- Grow network capacity while keeping cool
- Why hotter networks need a cooler core
Articles and blogs
- 400G IP Interconnect solution
- 7950 XRS: Rethink the IP core
- Highlights of the 7950 XRS Core Router
- Lightreading TV: Lindsay Newell on a new era of mobile backhaul
- Discover the 7950 XRS portfolio
- ACG Research talks to Basil Alwan
- 4 principles to building a versatile core
- Rethink the IP core network
- Introducing the FP3 Network Processor
- Ready to rethink the core network?