IMPACT IoT platform unlocks competitive growth with new services and applications for the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things will lead the next industrial wave. The Nokia IMPACT IoT platform has been designed to seize the opportunities our connected world will bring.
With IMPACT, service providers, enterprises and governments can capture more customers, develop new business models, and differentiate their competitive position in the market.
IMPACT offers a secure, standards based, simplified IoT platform on which to build and scale new IoT services.
- Industry leading device management with over 1.5 billion devices managed and a device certification program
- Management of a wide array of IP based protocols and non-IP based Low Power WAN protocols, including NBIOT and LoRa
- Analytics driven NetGuard Endpoint Security that prevents infections via security analytics and threat intelligence
- An IoT Community that works with you to explore new business models
- Modular approach that addresses connectivity and device management, application development, event processing, data collection, and data contextualization
IMPACT can help you retain the value of today's infrastructure and meet near-term business needs. Yet, it is flexible enough to enable tomorrow's technologies and services.
Nokia won the 2017 Leading Lights Award for Most Innovative IoT/M2M Strategy (Vendor) which was awarded to the vendor that has unveiled the most innovative Internet of Things/Machine to Machine (IoT/M2M) strategy during the past year. The submission included our end-to-end IoT solution: IMPACT featuring its applications, connected device platform and Netguard Endpoint Security; array of connectivity options including LPWAN; and IoT Community.
Nokia won the 2017 GLOMO Award in the “Best IoT innovation for Mobile Networks”category with its end-to-end IoT solution which includes: IMPACT, featuring the Connected Device Platform (CDP) and Netguard Endpoint Security, plus a wide array of connectivity options such as, LPWAN (LTE-M, NB-IoT, EC-GSM-IoT, LoRa) and ng Connect/IoT Community, a global ecosystem that innovates new IoT services, business and revenue models.
Nokia won an award in the category “Best Innovation in Internet of Things” with its IMPACT IoT Platform and Nokia Connected Device Platform (CDP). With IMPACT, Telcos, Enterprises and Governments can easily scale, secure IoT services while reducing costs and time to market. IMPACT also integrates the latest release of Nokia Connected Device Platform (CDP) for its #1 market-share-leading device management capabilities for all network connected devices and sensors. Nokia CDP supports more than 1.5 billion devices and sensors in the market today.
Nokia won both a second place award in the category “Everything Industrial & Enterprise: Industrial IoT (IIoT, M2M, Sensors, RFID, NFC etc.)” and the coveted “Crowd Favorite” award – with more than 8000 votes in the popular vote – with its IMPACT IoT with Nokia Connected Device Platform.
IMPACT offers a flexible migration path to optimize connectivity, networks and operations to support emerging technologies and evolving needs. With our solution, you can grow capabilities, ease deployments and access IoT opportunities in varied markets and applications.
Security is available at all layers of the IMPACT platform. This enables network-based cognitive security analytics, protecting user privacy and allowing quick reactions to anomalies with fast over-the-air security updates.
A Single, Simplified Platform
With IMPACT, you get a single, integrated, standards-based platform that can move you from M2M through to IoT quickly. Deployments for new applications are easy and operations are simplified, so you can bring multiple applications onto a single platform and scale as opportunities arise.
Access Nokia's deep partner networks from the IoT community and broader alliance partnerships to build sustainable new business and revenue models and identify new ways to improve the customer experience and lower costs.
IMPACT empowers service providers, enterprises and governments to unlock the potential of IoT by providing:
- Multi-tenant, multi-protocol, standards-based and scalable platform
- Device management capabilities, including firmware and software updates, reset and reboot, configuration control commands and device discovery
- Fault management, data collection and policies
- Broad range of connectivity options (3G, 4G, NB-IoT, LoRA, 4.9G, 5G)
- Policy-driven management and a comprehensive set of supported device standards (LWM2M, OMA-DM)
- Traffic analytics and anomaly monitoring for layer 1-2, plus device monitoring at layer 6
- ADEP / CMP agnostic and extensible
- LPWAN standards support, including SCEF, MTC and LoRa
- Multiple deployment models, including cloud/SaaS and on-premises
- Rich northbound and southbound APIs for integration
- Scalable and secure on boarding end points
- Malware and anomaly detection
- Alfa and Nokia partner to deploy Nokia AirScale solution, sign MoU for network evolution toward 5G19 Mar 2018
- Nokia and Marubeni Corporation launch IoT services01 Mar 2018
- Nokia introduces services, technology to help operators address needs of digital cities20 Feb 2018
- Nokia and Tele2 sign strategic partnership to provide global IoT services19 Feb 2018
- Nokia collaborates with StarHub to spearhead IoT ecosystem development in Singapore27 Nov 2017
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.
- Discovering IMPACT, the Nokia horizontal IoT platform
- With enterprise IoT, the best is yet to come
- IoT Now: Operational excellence that addresses scalability and security provides the platform for IoT differentiation
- IoT Time Exclusive: Nokia Launches IoT Platform
- IoT Now: Nokia Makes Impact in IoT With New Platform Offering
- Using light device management to secure endpoints in the Internet of Things
- M2M security: Ensuring device security for the Internet of Things
- Developing the infrastructure and ecosystem for a 5G world
- Why enterprises need IoT analytics
- 4 ways mass transit operators can compete with autonomous vehicles
- Which enterprises will be first to leap through the IoT looking glass?
- Licensed or unlicensed spectrum for cellular IoT? That is the question
- A tale of twenty-two cities: getting smart, safe, and sustainable
- The future of smart cities - what experts are saying
- Connecting the IoT Ecosystem for Smart Cities
- Internet of Things Solutions for Public Safety