Group Communications meets the need for mission and business critical communication
Nokia has expanded its end-to-end LTE public safety portfolio with advanced, integrated mission-critical and business-critical applications. These are fully bundled with ruggedized devices and meet our stringent quality and security standards.
The Nokia Group Communications solution enhances situational awareness with an innovative push-to-video feature, and includes a rich set of industry-specific functions such as push-to-talk and alert messaging to improve operational efficiency. The solution conforms to 3GPP and is ready to support MC-PTT standards, helping operators to protect their investments. It offers high performance and efficiency and supports a wide range of LTE handsets.
Nokia Group Communications supports public safety, defense and enterprise users with fast call set-up times and the ability for groups of field workers and controllers to share live video feeds from a disaster scene. Encrypted applications ensure secure end-to-end communication from handsets and tablets .
- Better situational awareness with capabilities such as push-to-video
- Secured communications
- Fast call set up
- Low end-to-end latency, below 300 ms mouth-to-ear
- Large choice of devices meeting the needs of various markets and countries
- Service available beyond LTE coverage
- Can be used in disaster scenarios as stand-alone solutions, as well as coverage or capacity extensions
- Long term investment
- Can meet the needs of different sized and growing networks through software licensing
- Allows mobile operators to win new revenue by providing mission-critical and business-critical group communication services to public safety agencies using their existing LTE network infrastructure
- Can be integrated on any standard LTE network and with various handsets.
- Aligned with 3GPP, ready to support MC-PTT standards
- High capacity platform based on Nokia AirFrame Data Center solution
- Integrated with Nokia Compact Network, the easy-to-carry product for setting up a network
- Includes a Dispatch Console with voice / video and mobile CCTV feature
- Compelling range of secured and certified devices with pre-integrated push-to-talk and push-to-video features
- End-to-end security at device, network and applications layers, including encryption at the application layer
- The PTT/PTV application is compatible with any IP-based network such as Wi-Fi, 3G and LTE
- Comes with an optional recording server for archiving video and voice push-to-talk communications, useful for crime scene investigations
- Nokia introduces services, technology to help operators address needs of digital cities20 Feb 2018
- Nokia enables faster adoption of mission-critical LTE, improves advanced communications for first responders25 Sep 2017
- NOKIA and Skyguide modernize the mission-critical network supporting Switzerland's air traffic control system08 Jun 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia selected by ALTÁN Redes to build and manage nationwide LTE wholesale network in Mexico30 Mar 2017
Related blog posts
February 13, 2018
January 08, 2018
October 18, 2017
June 28, 2017
June 12, 2017
#publicsafety, #critcomms from @nokiacritcomms
Nokia Group Communications enhances situational awareness with features like push-to-video. Through easy-to-use, secure and reliable technology, it helps first responders and other public safety organizations to work together efficiently.