Improve your network performance and security and optimize the customer experience in the cloud and IoT era
Our Deepfield solution delivers the IP network analytics and DDoS protection you need to manage and secure your network in real time.
This software-based solution lets you:
- Gain visibility into cloud apps and services flowing to and through your network
- Optimize customer quality of experience (QoE) for over-the-top streaming—and reduce churn
- Improve security through cost-effective distributed denial of service (DDoS) detection and mitigation
Deepfield delivers the multi-dimensional insight you need to increase customer QoE and secure your networks from today’s highly complex DDoS attacks—all while lowering CAPEX and OPEX.
How Deepfield works
The Deepfield solution analyzes billions of endpoints on the internet using the Cloud Genome data feed and determines how traffic from these sources flows through the internet to reach your network. Then, when combined with your own network and enterprise, the solution tracks the traffic’s progress through the network and how it reaches end users.
With this information, you can provide service intelligence to cloud and IoT traffic—for the first time ever—to increase customer satisfaction and prevent churn. You can find the cloud services or IoT devices that are the source of DDoS attacks, then shut down the source of the traffic before the attack impacts your customers and your business.
The Deepfield solution ingests dozens of data sources to provide an un-siloed view of the network in real time. This visibility delivers previously unattainable network, performance and security analytics. The results are cloud and network intelligence, improved performance through OTT video QoE intelligence and reporting, and enhanced security through context-aware DDoS protection.
Watch the Light Reading webinar Protecting IP Networks Against DDoS Attacks with Multi-Dimensional Insight & Cloud Scale Routing
Listen to the Packet Pushers podcast Deepfield Cloud & Network Insights to learn about how Deepfield works
Watch the Light Reading webinar Real-Time Visibility & Analytics to Enable Actionable Intelligence & Network Automation
Designed to expect the unexpected Reimagine your IP networksUse our breakthrough silicon innovations, software and systems to modernize your IP network and seize new opportunities presented by the cloud, 5G and the IoT.
How can your business benefit from the Nokia Deepfield solution?
Deepfield provides visibility of all traffic flowing through your network—even if it’s encrypted.
Insights into trends
Real-time insights into subscriber, service and Internet of Things (IoT) trends help you improve capacity planning and troubleshooting. They also help you lower peering and transit costs.
Unrivalled DDoS protection
The industry’s most accurate, most flexible and fastest DDoS detection and mitigation solution provides the security you need to protect your network in the cloud and IoT era.
Improved customer QoE
QoE intelligence and reporting for over-the-top (OTT) video improves performance—and customer QoE.
Our software solution scales to petabytes of network data and can be deployed seamlessly in the cloud or on premises.
Our software solution supports far greater scale than hardware solutions at a fraction of the cost.
CAPEX and OPEX savings
Our solution is easier to deploy and operate than hardware-based solutions. This saves you money.
Deepfield provides insight that can guide your planning and engineering decisions. It enables you to make more effective changes and deliver a better user experience. This helps you reduce costs and increase revenue.
- Deepfield solution provides CSP with more accurate DDoS detection
- Deepfield solution resolves ISP’s network performance problems
- Deepfield solution stops CDN from sending traffic on ISP’s peering link
- Deepfield solution quickly fixes MSO’s network outage
- Deepfield solution correctly categorizes ISP’s encrypted traffic
- Deepfield solution helps ISP rise in Netflix ISP Speed Index
- White paper: The business case for mitigating volumetric DDoS attacks using Nokia's FP4 silicon
- [Heavy Reading White Paper] A New DDoS Architecture for Volumetric Attacks
- [Heavy Reading White Paper] Streaming QoE with Cloud & Network Analytics
- [ACG Research] Intelligent IP and webscale networks: Secure, optimized, automated
- Insight-driven automated networking - The new paradigm for designing & operating modern IP networks
- Video: Deepfield for IP Network Optimization
- Packet Pushers Podcast with Craig Labovitz: Deepfield Puts Network Telemetry To Work
- SDxCentral Demo Friday Webinar with Craig Labovitz: 100% Software Visibility to Drive IP Network Optimization
- Video: Nokia NSP and Deepfield: Insight-driven SDN
- Video: IP network analytics and DDoS
- Packet Pushers podcast: Analytics & Automation Use Cases
- Nokia to acquire Deepfield to power network and service automation with real-time, big data analytics
- Nokia completes acquisition of Deepfield
Related blog posts
- VentureBeat and Craig Labovitz: Why the game industry is still vulnerable to DDoS attacks
- Light Reading: Protecting the Web-Scale Content User Experience in Real Time
- Using SDN in Multi-Layer Networks Adds Efficiency and Reliability
- Telecom Review: Securing your network against DDoS attacks in the age of cloud and IoT
- Telecom Review: Maximizing Reliability With Dynamic Assurance, Analytics and Network Automation
- Insight driven RT network automation
- Taking OTT Application Experience Up a Notch with Insight - driven Network Control
- Winning in the Era of Cloud and IoT with Insight-driven SDN
- Nokia’s Software is Key to Insight-Driven Automated Networking
- Appledore Research: NOKIA FP4 Launch: Packet Processing can be about more than “speeds and feeds”