Introduce new services rapidly and adopt lean NFV operations
With CloudBand™, you can quickly deploy a proven network functions virtualization (NFV) platform that lets you use the cloud to work faster and more cost effectively.
Today you face strong competition from web-scale providers. New Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G services threaten to take your network costs to unsupportable levels. To stay ahead, you need an open and lean network paradigm.
Our CloudBand portfolio makes it simple to host, orchestrate, automate, and manage virtualized network functions (VNFs) and services. Its scalable and flexible products help you reduce time to revenue for new services and use automation and optimization to make network operations lean. With CloudBand, you benefit from the rapid pace of open-source innovation and get a carrier-grade product that’s ready for deployment.
It’s time to move beyond NFV proofs of concept. Vodafone, LG U+, Wind Mobile, and many others use our portfolio for applications such as virtualized voice over LTE, evolved packet core, payment systems, and multi-site NFV platforms.
How will you use NFV? Turn your vision into reality with CloudBand.
A portfolio optimized for NFV MANO
We have optimized the CloudBand portfolio – CloudBand Infrastructure Software, CloudBand Application Manager, and CloudBand Network Director – to fit the key NFV management and orchestration (MANO) roles in the hierarchy of orchestrators. This reduces complexity and ensures applicability in single and multi-vendor infrastructures.
Realize the promise of NFV
- Unlock new revenue streams by rapidly launching and scaling new cloud services.
- Transition to lean operations by automating infrastructure and application lifecycle management processes.
- Boost your cost efficiency with an NFV software portfolio that reduces hardware and software requirements and optimizes asset utilization.
Leverage open-source innovations and multivendor products
- Ease multivendor integration with self-contained products that support interoperability validated by the New IP Agency and EANTC.
- Speed time to production with carrier-grade products that make it easy to adopt open-source innovations and avoid vendor lock-in.
- Protect your NFV investment with products and support from a key contributor to the OpenStack upstream, the industry’s chosen cloud environment for NFV.
- Build NFV solutions faster with products that align with key industry standards and initiatives such as ETSI NFV, OPNFV, and TM Forum.
Deploy an NFV solution built for service providers
- Remove complexity by automating the NFV infrastructure and application lifecycles.
- Assure the service experience with a high-availability, end-to-end solution and tools that accelerate fault isolation.
- Reduce deployment time to weeks or days with pre-integrated solutions that combine open-source software with critical NFV enhancements.
- Deliver carrier networking capabilities within the data center and across the WAN using products integrated with the Nuage Networks SDN solution.
Meet the requirements of demanding carrier applications
- Use enhanced platform awareness to deliver the reliable performance that carrier applications require.
- Leverage software-defined carrier network connectivity to deliver differentiated cloud solutions.
- Optimize distribution with an NFV platform designed to manage and automate geo-distributed NFV points of presence.
A closer look at the CloudBand portfolio
CloudBand Infrastructure Software
CloudBand Infrastructure Software virtualizes and manages compute, storage, and network resources. It enables VNFs to run and ensures that they meet strict robustness, performance, and security requirements.
The product provides extensive analytics, monitoring, and event/alarm notification capabilities for higher-layer management systems. It includes built-in root cause analysis capabilities based on OpenStack Vitrage. You can use these capabilities to quickly pinpoint failures and proactively identify risks to VNF performance.
CloudBand Application Manager
CloudBand Application Manager is a VNF manager (VNFM) that automates lifecycle management actions by managing resources and applying associated workflows.
This product uses OpenStack’s Heat templates and Mistral workflows to manage the broadest possible range of VNFs. It lets you visualize the structure and status of applications. It also lets you fully automate lifecycle management, including fundamental functions (such as deploy, commission, monitor, and terminate) and advanced VNF-specific functions (such as healing, elasticity, upgrades, backup, and restore).
CloudBand Network Director
CloudBand Network Director is an NFV resource and network service orchestrator. It manages virtual resources across geo-distributed NFV infrastructure nodes. It also automates the lifecycle of network services composed of multiple VNFs and connected through forwarding graphs and service chaining.
The Network Director describes and onboards services using TOSCA, a standardized, domain-specific language designed with Nokia contributions. With the Network Director, you can automate network services from any vendor. You can also take advantage of advanced monitoring and fault management tools and an integrated policy engine that optimizes NFV resource utilization.
NFV professional services
We support the CloudBand portfolio with end-to-end professional services. Our NFV consultants can help you plan, design, integrate, and operate telco cloud solutions and develop effective risk-mitigation strategies.
“We have worked with Nokia Networks since our inception in 2009, and they have been a trusted partner as we’ve expanded our footprint and subscriber base over the years. This new partnership with Nokia Networks as our sole source LTE network provider allows WIND to bring the most advanced technologies available to our customers.” Alek Krstajic, CEO, WIND Mobile
“In order to accelerate our roadmap towards a cloud-based, all-IP network, we need more multivendor solutions that are interoperable. This proof of concept, thanks to Cisco and Nokia working efficiently together with Orange, shows that we can utilize advanced NFV and SDN capabilities to speed up service deployment times and to offer potential cost optimization while increasing flexibility. In our view, interoperability is a key success factor so we hope that this proof of concept will spur the industry to work towards more interoperability.” Alain Maloberti, senior vice president, Orange Labs Networks
“Nokia (CloudBand): NFV Orchestration Software Leader — Nokia has the heft to put together all the multivendor software/hardware, ecosystem partnerships, and professional services to develop and deploy not just the NFV MANO, but the full NFV and SDN projects in which NFV MANO plays a critical role.” Michael Howard, senior research director, carrier networks, IHS
Customer press releases
#Cloudband for @nokianetworks
CloudBand gives you a competitive advantage by removing risk and complexity from NFV transformation. With our open, multivendor cloud technologies, you can generate new revenue with dynamic services, increase efficiency through lean NFV operations, and boost brand loyalty by improving the customer experience.