The Cloud RAN with all options covered
Nokia AirScale Cloud RAN meets your every radio need - whether you want to run radio functions in large data centers or in small distributed sites, or even combine them for ultimate flexibility, Nokia AirScale Cloud RAN has it covered.
With Nokia AirScale Cloud RAN capacity can go where your customers need it. They also get the services they want straight away.
A choice of AirScale cloud base station deployments gives CSPs total freedom to run radio functions where they can most cost-effectively meet application needs and the latency performance demands arising at any location.
It's also ready for the future - be ready to deploy new 5G access technologies as soon as your business needs them.
Part of the next generation Nokia AirScale Radio Access, Nokia AirScale Cloud RAN is the essential next step to the fully flexible, highly scalable cloud-based network for a seamless 4G/5G user experience.
- Automatically scale network capacity as demand changes
- Launch exciting new services in days or even hours, not months
- Run real-time services based on what's happening around your customers
- Meet any demand - send capacity from anywhere in the network to anywhere it's needed
- Re-use your existing 4.5G network transport to launch new 5G services
AirScale RNC (Radio Network Controller) is part of Nokia AirScale Cloud RAN, offering scalability across technologies and greater automation.
Ready for the future?
- Flexible choice of architecture based on use case and latency targets
- Multi-layered approach-multiple cloud locations-distributed and centralized
- Multiple fronthaul types, incl. Ethernet
- Highly scalable, flexible and efficient
- Evolutionary approach
Nokia AirScale Cloud RAN architecture meets telco performance needs and was developed with operators across the globe. It is ready for future services and will meet the requirements of 5G and the Internet of Things.
- Nokia, in collaboration with Orange, applies cloud benefits to radio access in large-scale trial, preparing for future 5G networks19 June 2018
- Nokia, Intel and Verizon collaborate on new virtualized RAN architectures on path to commercialization26 February 2018
- Nokia selected as a key partner for Rakuten's end-to-end cloud-native mobile network in Japan13 Feb 2019
- Nokia AVA helps Hutchison 3 increase network efficiency and improve the customer experience in Indonesia05 Nov 2018
- Nokia and University of Technology Sydney launch 5G skills accelerator08 Oct 2018
- Nokia and dtac deploy first 4G TDD network for mass commercial use in Thailand12 Jul 2018
- Nokia and TeamTalk sign technology partner agreement for critical, resilient communications in New Zealand 03 May 2018
Related blog posts
- 5G network slicing: From promising technology to powerful business enabler24 Apr 2019
- Nokia 5G: cool and green24 Apr 2019
- Discover the best microwave transport path to 5G network slicing23 Apr 2019
- Nokia has ambitious plans to reduce network power consumption23 Apr 2019
- Nokia looks to a zero emissions digital society22 Apr 2019