AirFrame Data Center Solution
AirFrame includes the necessary hardware, software and services that can adapt to any cloud-based application
The acceleration of telco and IT convergence and the need to support a diverse range of demanding applications requires an innovative solution that takes all the benefits from the IT and open source domains to create a scalable and distributed cloud-based architecture.
Open Compute Project (OCP) welcomes Nokia
Nokia Networks launches the first cloud infrastructure solution tailored for telco
More and more services, including 5G, will need network functionalities and capabilities located at the most efficient point within a network. This will be necessary in order to address strict latency constraints and to process huge data demands that will be critical in delivering services with real-time responsiveness.
Network architectures will need a re-think, with layered and distributed network topologies containing optimized hardware to deliver unparalleled performance and the greatest flexibility.
Nokia’s AirFrame Data Center Solution will run any cloud-based application with ease. Enhancements including advanced packet and crypto acceleration make AirFrame perform better than traditional IT servers. Supporting open standards and including the latest data center technology trends, AirFrame will enable full hyperscale to extremely distributed capabilities that will be necessary for future telco and IT networking and service delivery.
- Deliver telco applications that demand low latency and high throughput
- Deploy state-of-the-art data center components that support open and interoperable cloud solutions
- Utilize fully IT compliant hardware able to run the most common IT cloud applications in parallel with telco
- Deploy flexible and innovative data centers that can be strategically located at locations that matter most
- Nokia CloudBand open templating system enables automation of virtualized network function lifecycle management05 Dec 2016
- Nokia showcases 5G innovations driving next era of communication 05 Dec 2016
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
- Telefonica deploys Nokia Virtualized Service Router in live network02 Nov 2016
- Nokia brings assurance to carrier SDN, enabling successful large-scale commercial rollouts of SDN-based network services11 Oct 2016
Related blog posts
- 3 questions to ask before moving your session border controllers to the cloud19 Jan 2017
- Maintain your 3G quality – AirScale Cloud RAN can cope12 Jan 2017
- Virtual attraction – what’s the killer app in G.fast virtualization?04 Jan 2017
- Networking designed for the Cloud: BT taps Nuage SD-WAN technology10 Nov 2016
- Why investing in 3G will pay dividends far into the future20 Oct 2016
#telcocloud from @Nokianetworks
Nokia has been a forerunner in developing telco cloud. We have developed and tested virtualized network elements and cloud application management with our customers and demonstrated the readiness of cloud technology for commercial deployment. Nokia's core software and telco cloud management systems are hardware-independent and cloud platform agnostic, so operators can take full advantage of the cloud paradigm. Nokia is helping operators along their journey to Telco Cloud with a full life cycle of cloud wise services; from consulting, to design and build, to operations and maintenance.