AirFrame data center solution
AirFrame includes the necessary hardware, software and services that can adapt to any cloud-based application
The acceleration of telco and IT convergence and the need to support a diverse range of demanding applications requires an innovative solution that takes all the benefits from the IT and open source domains to create a scalable and distributed cloud-based architecture.
Open Compute Project (OCP) welcomes Nokia
More and more services, including 5G, will need network functionalities and capabilities located at the most efficient point within a network. This will be necessary in order to address strict latency constraints and to process huge data demands that will be critical in delivering services with real-time responsiveness.
Network architectures will need a re-think, with layered and distributed network topologies containing optimized hardware to deliver unparalleled performance and the greatest flexibility.
Nokia launches the first cloud infrastructure solution tailored for telco
Nokia AirFrame data center solution will run any cloud-based application with ease. Enhancements including advanced packet and crypto acceleration make AirFrame perform better than traditional IT servers. Supporting open standards and including the latest data center technology trends, AirFrame will enable full hyperscale to extremely distributed capabilities that will be necessary for future telco and IT networking and service delivery.
- Deliver telco applications that demand low latency and high throughput
- Deploy state-of-the-art data center components that support open and interoperable cloud solutions
- Utilize fully IT compliant hardware able to run the most common IT cloud applications in parallel with telco
- Deploy flexible and innovative data centers that can be strategically located at locations that matter most
- Nokia studies outline business return-on-investment from 5G services18 Apr 2017
- Nokia software brings new levels of intelligence and automation to service provider networks #MWC1722 Feb 2017
- Nokia and Intel launch 5G acceleration labs in US and Finland to help operators bring 5G innovations to market21 Feb 2017
- Nokia applies spectrum innovation to create private mobile networks and expand opportunities for connected vertical industries #MWC1713 Feb 2017
- Nokia maximizes network speed and capacity on path to 5G with launch of 4.9G technology and AirScale Active Antennas #MWC1713 Feb 2017
Related blog posts
- Nothing ethereal about this Cloud RAN achievement with SK Telecom18 May 2017
- 5G Next Gen Core has a cloudy outlook!25 Apr 2017
- Turning virtual into very real with AirScale Cloud RAN30 Mar 2017
- Cloud-ready or cloud-native? Let me demonstrate the core differences23 Mar 2017
- Why blue is the color of Software-Defined Access Networks13 Mar 2017
#telcocloud from @Nokianetworks
Nokia has been a forerunner in developing telco cloud. We have developed and tested virtualized network elements and cloud application management with our customers and demonstrated the readiness of cloud technology for commercial deployment. Nokia's core software and telco cloud management systems are hardware-independent and cloud platform agnostic, so operators can take full advantage of the cloud paradigm. Nokia is helping operators along their journey to Telco Cloud with a full life cycle of cloud wise services; from consulting, to design and build, to operations and maintenance.