AirFrame data center solution
AirFrame includes the necessary hardware, software and services that can adapt to any cloud-based application
The acceleration of telco and IT convergence and the need to support a diverse range of demanding applications requires an innovative solution that takes all the benefits from the IT and open source domains to create a scalable and distributed cloud-based architecture.
Open Compute Project (OCP) welcomes Nokia
AirFrame - industry’s first OCP based telco grade data center
More and more services, including 5G, will need network functionalities and capabilities located at the most efficient point within a network. This will be necessary in order to address strict latency constraints and to process huge data demands that will be critical in delivering services with real-time responsiveness.
Network architectures will need a re-think, with layered and distributed network topologies containing optimized hardware to deliver unparalleled performance and the greatest flexibility.
AirFrame data center powered by MIKA
Nokia launches the first cloud infrastructure solution tailored for telco
Nokia AirFrame data center solution will run any cloud-based application with ease. Enhancements including advanced packet and crypto acceleration make AirFrame perform better than traditional IT servers. Supporting open standards and including the latest data center technology trends, AirFrame will enable full hyperscale to extremely distributed capabilities that will be necessary for future telco and IT networking and service delivery.
Nokia AirFrame certifications
- Deliver telco applications that demand low latency and high throughput
- Deploy state-of-the-art data center components that support open and interoperable cloud solutions
- Utilize fully IT compliant hardware able to run the most common IT cloud applications in parallel with telco
- Deploy flexible and innovative data centers that can be strategically located at locations that matter most
- Etisalat chooses Nokia's Nuage Networks SD-WAN solution as part of its 'Sahaab Program' to cloudify network services22 Feb 2018
- Nokia to drive agility in cloud services and advance operators to digitalization07 Sep 2017
- Nokia to unveil breakthrough innovation in IP networking #networksreimagined06 Jun 2017
- Nokia studies outline business return-on-investment from 5G services18 Apr 2017
- Nokia software brings new levels of intelligence and automation to service provider networks #MWC1722 Feb 2017
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.
#telcocloud from @Nokianetworks
Nokia has been a forerunner in developing telco cloud. We have developed and tested virtualized network elements and cloud application management with our customers and demonstrated the readiness of cloud technology for commercial deployment. Nokia's core software and telco cloud management systems are hardware-independent and cloud platform agnostic, so operators can take full advantage of the cloud paradigm. Nokia is helping operators along their journey to Telco Cloud with a full life cycle of cloud wise services; from consulting, to design and build, to operations and maintenance.