Device Software Customization
Device Software Customization : Tailor-made for first responders on the move
Many public safety agencies are looking to adopt mission-critical broadband based on LTE networks. Among the changes this brings is the opportunity for first responders to use smart devices, giving them the power of evolved communications on the move. Smart devices are poised to become the new age Swiss knife for first responders.
Most public safety smart devices for LTE run on Android. Although this offers a flexible multipurpose OS for consumers, public safety agencies need something more specific to their operational needs and workflows.
Nokia Device Software Customization service meets this demand.
The service provides tailor-made Android firmware designed for the operational needs of public safety agencies. Traditional is seamlessly merged with new-age as first responders benefit from a familiar interface on top of the smart software which provides vital information at a glance. This bespoke experience is complemented with extensive ‘under the skin’ modifications to meet mission critical reliability, performance and security requirements. The firmware can be deployed across all types of Android smart devices, ruggedized or BYOD, meeting the minimum hardware specifications.
Nokia also provides technical support with mission critical service levels for the custom firmware throughout its lifecycle.
- Tailor-made to the operational needs of public safety agencies
- Choose your own device, no vendor lock-in
- Familiar interface minimizes first responder learning curve
- Assured performance and reliability end-to-end
- Security hardened
- The custom device firmware can be deployed on any vendor’s smart Android device belonging to the public safety agency
- First responders benefit from a familiar user experience on top of the new firmware
- The interface minimizes clutter to provide vital information at a glance and one touch access to essential functions. This saves time in emergency situations when every second counts
- The custom firmware is designed and tested to meet the enhanced security and mission critical performance and reliability needs of public safety
- Nokia has strong partnerships with key device providers for mission-critical environments
- Nokia has the scale, processes and capabilities to handle custom software projects with mission critical service level agreements (SLAs)
Related blog posts
- Michigan transforms its public safety communications18 Oct 2017
- San Diego’s new network transforms public safety and city services27 Jun 2017
- Nokia Saving Lives put to work in live rescue missions12 Jun 2017
- This is what we mean by “Technology at the service of people”09 Mar 2017
- The road from M2M to IoT is paved with big data16 Feb 2017
- Nokia enables faster adoption of mission-critical LTE, improves advanced communications for first responders25 Sep 2017
- NOKIA and Skyguide modernize the mission-critical network supporting Switzerland's air traffic control system08 Jun 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia selected by ALTÁN Redes to build and manage nationwide LTE wholesale network in Mexico30 Mar 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
Join us at CCW MENA to discover how Public Safety agencies can benefit from Device Software Customization.
Public Safety agencies are increasingly adopting mission-critical broadband on LTE and making use of smart devices.
Most public safety smart devices run on Android and Nokia offers its Device Software Customization Service to tailor the Android firmware meeting essential public safety needs around usability,security,performance and reliability. The firmware can be deployed on any Android device owned by the agency meeting the minimum hardware specifications.
First responders can now quickly take advantage of evolved communications capabilities in their hands making every second count in their mission to save lives.