Device Software Customization : Tailor-made for first responders on the move
Many public safety agencies are looking to adopt mission-critical broadband based on LTE networks. Among the changes this brings is the opportunity for first responders to use smart devices, giving them the power of evolved communications on the move. Smart devices are poised to become the new age Swiss knife for first responders.
Most public safety smart devices for LTE run on Android. Although this offers a flexible multipurpose OS for consumers, public safety agencies need something more specific to their operational needs and workflows.
Nokia Device Software Customization service meets this demand.
The service provides tailor-made Android firmware designed for the operational needs of public safety agencies. Traditional is seamlessly merged with new-age as first responders benefit from a familiar interface on top of the smart software which provides vital information at a glance. This bespoke experience is complemented with extensive ‘under the skin’ modifications to meet mission critical reliability, performance and security requirements. The firmware can be deployed across all types of Android smart devices, ruggedized or BYOD, meeting the minimum hardware specifications.
Nokia also provides technical support with mission critical service levels for the custom firmware throughout its lifecycle.
- Tailor-made to the operational needs of public safety agencies
- Choose your own device, no vendor lock-in
- Familiar interface minimizes first responder learning curve
- Assured performance and reliability end-to-end
- Security hardened
- The custom device firmware can be deployed on any vendor’s smart Android device belonging to the public safety agency
- First responders benefit from a familiar user experience on top of the new firmware
- The interface minimizes clutter to provide vital information at a glance and one touch access to essential functions. This saves time in emergency situations when every second counts
- The custom firmware is designed and tested to meet the enhanced security and mission critical performance and reliability needs of public safety
- Nokia has strong partnerships with key device providers for mission-critical environments
- Nokia has the scale, processes and capabilities to handle custom software projects with mission critical service level agreements (SLAs)
Related blog posts
- Be a public servant and build a better brand05 Jul 2018
- Public safety communications: should commercial mobile network operators embrace the potential?29 Jun 2018
- For public safety, more than just yesterday’s backhaul!26 Mar 2018
- Spectrum? Budget? Top 4 picks for public safety LTE networks13 Feb 2018
- Is a compelling event needed to launch LTE for public safety?08 Jan 2018
- BSNL selects Nokia for smart pole deployment across India 26 Oct 2018
- Nokia's Advanced Command Center strengthens situational awareness to enable better decision-making by emergency services15 May 2018
- Nokia and SKT conduct trial of LTE-based video and voice applications to enhance public safety in South Korea11 Apr 2018
- Nokia introduces services, technology to help operators address needs of digital cities20 Feb 2018
- Nokia enables faster adoption of mission-critical LTE, improves advanced communications for first responders25 Sep 2017
Join us at CCW MENA to discover how Public Safety agencies can benefit from Device Software Customization.