3D Geolocation planning and optimization
Understand and improve network performance inside buildings with 3D Geolocation planning and optimization
More than 80 percent of mobile traffic is generated indoors, with traffic volumes rising fast. Small cells deliver extra capacity, but finding the right locations can be difficult.
Nokia Network Planning and Optimization services use 3D geolocation to understand network performance and customer experience inside buildings and locate hotspots.
The advanced Nokia 3-D GeoLocator Tool can replace much traditional drive and walk testing to reduce costs and deployment time by up to 80 percent.
"Innovations around 3D wireless network planning have helped keep the vendor’s network planning and optimization services on the cutting edge of operator requirements."
Current Analysis, September 2014
- Accurately locate hotspots inside buildings for best small cell placement.
- Maximize traffic offload from the macro network and minimize interference to provide faster data services.
- Up to 80 percent reduction in time consuming, costly drive and walk tests and site visits.
- Early identification of network performance issues, allowing proactive action to protect and improve the customer experience.
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
- Nokia named a Leader in Small Cell Equipment by Gartner and number one Small Cells Vendor by IHS24 Oct 2016
- Nokia and STC to deploy 4.5G technology across Saudi Arabia to meet the next phase of mobile data demand and pave the way to 5G18 Oct 2016
- Nokia expands Flexi Zone small cell portfolio, boosting performance and simplifying deployment for operators and enterprises08 Sep 2016
- Nokia's Centralized RAN technology deployed by Telefónica to improve the mobile experience at Valencia's Mestalla Stadium02 Jun 2016
Related blog posts
- Digitization, densification and why you should care21 Feb 2017
- Small cells bring IoT in from the cold07 Feb 2017
- Enterprises welcome – the 5G and IoT doors are wide open!16 Dec 2016
- Small cells share the spotlight at global culture festival – see video!18 Oct 2016
- Small cells & Mobile Edge Computing cover all the bases for Taiwan baseball fans14 Sep 2016
- New Nokia Networks service uses advanced 3-D geolocation to cut handovers by up to 20%, boosting performance #MWC15
- Nokia Networks doubles small cell capacity, drives HetNet performance #NetworksPerform
- Nokia Networks invests in mobile network multivendor optimization; buys a 3-D geolocation solution from NICE Systems
Nokia 3D geolocation uses predictive ‘finger printing’ algorithms to accurately locate events on a 3D map, as well as separate measurements sent from inside buildings or in the street. Field-proven accuracy for locating traffic hotspots ensures traffic patterns are consistent, generated by multiple users, and that the corresponding macro cell is heavily loaded and near to full capacity.