Mission-critical transmission networks for railways
Multi-services communication networks able to support both mission critical applications and new passenger services require state of the art transmission products based on Microwave, Optical and IP technologies.
- The Microwave Packet Radio (MPR) range of products are optimized to provide point-to-point or point-to-multipoint wireless IP transmissions to backhaul all equipment placed along the tracks, such as GSM-R base stations. This is a cost effective solution especially in hilly relief. Our 9500 MPR product is natively integrated with our IP/MPLS routers, reducing the installation, management and maintenance costs.
- The WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) optical switches open the possibility to introduce new bandwidth-hungry applications to the wired network or to resell bandwidth capacity to generate new revenues. They can help railways operators smoothly migrate their existing SDH legacy optical infrastructure to a final converged IP/MPLS and Optical network.
- The IP/MPLS switches and routers is a comprehensive suite of products designed to build multi-services and mission-critical communication networks providing resiliency, security, traffic segregation and high quality of services. They allow a smooth migration to IP without the need to remove or replace legacy applications or services. They are managed by our unified management platform; 5620 SAM, like the MPR and PSS products.
- Converged IP/MPLS networks for urban railways
- Mission-critical networks for railways
- Photonic Transport Networks for Transportation
- Laying the track for urban railway communications today and tomorrow
- Network Group Encryption (NGE) animation video
- Secure optical transport with Nokia
- Legacy SCADA migration solution video