Increasingly railway operators need to deal with the complexity of their telecommunication networks, while maintaining services, improving customer and staff safety, and keeping costs under control. To do this, they need to transform their legacy network systems to next generation IP-based technologies. Nokia Integration Services for Railways offer a robust solution that integrates existing legacy equipment and new technologies, as well as subsystems and services, to create a highly secure, cost-efficient, scalable and always-available end-to-end communications system.
The Nokia turnkey communication solution guides rail operators from business project definition through final network implementation and maintenance. The end-to-end solution helps implement the project quickly and within budget.
Nokia's Integrated services for Urban and Main Line Rail solution includes multiple sub-systems from Nokia and third-party technology suppliers, such as:
- GSM-R solutions
- TETRA solutions
- WIMAX solutions
- Optical Networks
- IP / MPLS Networks
- Video surveillance (CCTV)
- Control room and train management system
- Integration with security and train signaling systems
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition -- SCADA solutions
- Operation Support Systems (OSS)
- Broadband ground/train communications (satellite, LTE, 3G, WiFi)
- Trackside wireless
- Station infrastructure
- Operational telephony and communication applications
- Passenger information and general announcement systems (PA/GA)
- Passenger Internet access
- Passenger Information Display Systems (PIDs)
The Nokia Integrated services for Urban and Main Line Rail solution is delivered on a turnkey basis. That means Nokia designs, supplies, builds, installs, tests and commissions all or part of the network for the customer. Turnkey solutions can help reduce operational costs through optimized network design and maintenance. Nokia offers:
- Consult and Design: engineering, cost analysis, network audit and optimization, procurement
- Integrate and Deploy: systems integration, installation, commissioning, testing, validation and implementation of end-to-end applications
- Operate and Maintain: optimized rail operations, spare parts management; level 1, 2 and 3; preventive and corrective maintenance.
Nokia's offer is based on project management services adapted to Metro and Railway operator constraints (trains in operation, trackside security procedures) and is supported by PMP® Certified Project Managers experienced in implementing large-scale projects in challenging health, safety and environment conditions.