Secure end-to-end public safety solutions for mission-critical mobile broadband
The public safety community has long called for mobile broadband to support its mission to save lives. Nokia has been helping to match the requirements with the technical solutions, and also efficiently managing networks to ensure smooth operations at all times.
Public safety agencies need efficient, affordable interoperable communications with support for video and data services to help them plan resources efficiently, respond to crises faster and maintain the safety of people.
Legacy narrowband networks cannot cater for high-speed data requirements. LTE products are available for mission-critical data, while group communications is now standardized and provided with a software upgrade in the network.
Public safety customers require different solutions ranging from robust broadband infrastructure to rapidly deployable systems for disaster recovery and temporary coverage. Our latest innovation in this area is Nokia Ultra Compact Network.
Nokia professional services reduce deployment time. We can implement the network, make it operational and stable, and finally transfer it to the operator with the latest technology upgrades.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in public safety work and smart cities
Multiple industry sectors, including public safety, healthcare, logistics, agriculture, news and entertainment are embracing the benefits of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV). UAVs can be used for
- Intelligent monitoring and surveillance
- Search and rescue
- Research and exploration
- Transport and delivery, e.g. medical supplies in remote areas
- Relays, e.g. WiFi hotspots in the sky
The opportunities are limitless. UAVs can even be used to carry a base station to remote areas to establish mobile coverage, as demonstrated together with EE.
Growing UAV traffic must be carefully managed. Governments and aviation authorities need to ensure safe and secure operation of UAVs in smart cities, preventing collisions.
We are working to provide centralized UAV monitoring and control solutions for operators, governments and public safety departments. These embrace the benefits of UAVs with the help of LTE dongles, GPS and access modules for wireless data transmission with Mobile Edge Computing. Nokia has demonstrated UAV Traffic Management (UTM) at the 2016 UAE Drones for Good Award event in Dubai.
- LTE enables innovative broadband services like real-time video streaming, rapid database access and location-based services.
- Security and quality of the end-to-end solution guaranteed by Nokia – no need to contact numerous vendors.
- Future-proof solution based on 3GPP standardized technology. Public safety specific features are available as software upgrade.
- Open interfaces ensure that you can involve local integration partners for the deployment.
- Our compact, portable solutions can establish connectivity in minutes.
- Nokia has been in the public safety field for more than 60 years.
- We are a leading supplier of LTE technology to the world’s largest operators across the globe.
- With built-in security features, our LTE network helps first responders run their operations more efficiently and securely.
- Our professional services help you with all kinds of deployments. We can help manage your network and service operations and offer customized use cases.
- We manage some of the largest public safety networks globally. For example, we operate a nationwide mission-critical radio network for one of the largest TETRA network operators in Europe.
- Nokia launches new IMPACT platform for fast and secure delivery of IoT services14 Jun 2016
- Nokia and Zain KSA to transform Jeddah into a smart city by 201811 Apr 2016
- Dubai government security networks operator Nedaa selects Nokia to deliver next-generation network for mission-critical and smart city services20 Mar 2016
- Nokia Networks enables Beach Energy to launch private LTE network11 Jan 2016
- Nokia announces Open Innovation Challenge 2015 winners10 Nov 2015
Related blog posts
August 15, 2016
August 09, 2016
June 29, 2016
June 15, 2016
January 13, 2016