Wavence: the microwave solution for 5G transport
Prepare your microwave transport for the telco cloud and 5G era with Nokia Wavence. The Nokia Wavence range introduces innovative, high-capacity ultra-broadband transceivers to support operators as they transition to 4.5G, 4.9G and eventually 5G networks.
To provide backhaul flexibility for ultra-dense heterogeneous city networks - where microwave transport is used to link small cells to fiber access points - Nokia Wavence microwave now supports Carrier SDN. Operators will benefit from new intelligence and automation, including rapid power-up of virtual network functions and adaptable parameters to support changes on the radio access network, such as when people move from work to home.
The ultra-broadband transceiver UBT-S, a single carrier box, the UBT-T, a dual carrier in a box radio and the UBT-m 80, a compact E-band radio, support carrier aggregation to deliver multi-gigabit, low latency microwave transport.
Nokia Wavence is the evolution and the new name for the Nokia 9500 Microwave Packet radio family. It is backwards-compatible with operators’ Nokia microwave installed base and provides a cost-effective path to 5G.
- Ultra-high capacity with outstanding radio performance of 2.5 Gbps in standard frequencies and up to 10 Gbps with E-Band carrier aggregation
- Complies with 5G low latency requirements including cloud RAN architecture
- Direct interoperability with Nokia AirScale 10G transport interfaces
- High-speed connectivity and programmability through software defined networking (SDN)
- Innovative product design with compact wideband / sub-band free radios, drastically simplifying installation, maintenance and spare parts management
Nokia Wavence ultra-broadband transceivers provide 10G high-speed connectivity and programmability through SDN to support standard backhaul and Ethernet fronthaul for a clear evolution to the telco cloud.
The Ultra-broadband transceiver Single and Twin with compact wideband / sub-band free radios, drastically simplifies installation, maintenance and spare parts management.
- Mobile anyhaul
- Boosting capacity: Why you need 10G interfaces on microwave radios
- Synchronization in microwave networks
- Which option is better for longhaul, full-indoor or split-mount architecture?
- Unified, certified and secure transport networks for critical infrastructure providers
#microwave, #wavence from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Wavence builds on the success of the Nokia 9500 Microwave Packet Radio family and its long history of industry firsts and market recognition. We constantly innovate to enable you to benefit from the performance of 5G-ready microwave transport.