Virtualized Service Router
Improve network and business performance with virtualized IP edge routing
The Nokia Virtualized Service Router (VSR) is a highly flexible virtualized IP edge router designed and optimized for telco cloud environments. It enables rapid service innovation while lowering operating costs. With the VSR, service providers can extend service reach, open new markets, and accelerate time to market.
The VSR supports a broad and rich set of virtualized IP edge applications – virtualized network functions (VNFs) to support mobile, business, and residential services.
Based on the Service Routing Operating System (SR OS), the VSR delivers high performance and elastic scalability for x86 server environments.
The VSR supports the highest levels of reliability and resiliency. It also offers flexible management options – from working with open frameworks to delivering OpenStack®-integrated VNF management and element management capabilities with our 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM).
Offers IP/MPLS service breadth
- Provides a full range of IP/MPLS edge services: business, residential, and mobile
- Flexibly scales IP routing infrastructure by supporting a wide range of virtualized routing applications
- Leverages a rich legacy of service robustness and stability from the Service Router portfolio, and is fully optimized for the x86 server operating environment
Delivers high performance
- Implements advanced packet processing and acceleration techniques to boost throughput and performance
- Harnesses symmetric multi-processing (SMP) to maximize the power and performance of multi-core processing
- Capitalizes on open frameworks and work with partners, such as Intel, to optimize the performance for the x86 environment
Supports efficient and cost-effective deployment with elastic scalability
- Offers independent scaling of the control plane and data plane
- Scales up (vertically) by adding more virtual machine (VM) resources or scales out (horizontally) by adding more VMs
- Dynamically adds or releases processing or memory resources as needed
- Increases routing and service scalability with a 64-bit architecture that enables access to larger CPU core memory space
Offers resiliency and robustness
- Based on a field-proven, real-time, modular, and highly fault-tolerant software architecture
- Protects control plane functions across stateful active/standby VM pairs
- Provides advanced resiliency capabilities, including high availability, non-stop routing and services, and in-service software upgrades
- An OpenStack integrated VNF Manager for the Nokia VSR and EPC VNFs
- VSR Route Reflector: Creating a new benchmark for performance and scalability
- Virtual Strategy Magazine: Is it Real or is it Virtualized?
- Global Telecoms Business: Virtually There
- Global Telecoms Business: Making Virtual Strides
- Manage VNF deployment for IP routing and EPC
- The crux of the matter: NFV unplugged
- Carrier-grade virtualized routers: Are we there (yet)?
- Virtualized Service Router
- Virtualized Service Router Appliance
- Virtualized Route Reflector
- Virtualized Provider Edge
- Virtualized Broadband Network Gateway
- Virtualized Network Address Translation
- Virtualized Security Gateway
- Virtualized Application Assurance
- Virtualized Wireless LAN Gateway
- EANTC tests Nokia Virtualized Service Router and Virtualized Mobile Gateway, validates readiness for deployment
- Virtualized IP Routers: Applications, Deployments, and Early Feedback - IHS Markit and Nokia webinar
- Broadband evolution for cloud-connected living
- Introducing virtualized service routing: Network functions virtualization and optimization for cloud-era networks
- Financial white paper: The case for a virtualized residential gateway: Operating cost savings and revenue benefits
- Technology white paper: Virtualized Residential Gateway: Driving the delivery of enhanced residential services
- Nokia, China Unicom conduct live trial of Virtualized Services Router for residential broadband services
- Telefonica deploys Nokia Virtualized Service Router in live network
- Light Reading evaluates Nokia’s virtual network functions
- Nokia to transform Telefónica’s IP core network to prepare for ultra-HD video, 5G and IoT
- Alcatel-Lucent and Telefónica explore implementation of NFV to accelerate the transformation of networks
- Get to your cloud faster - with the Nokia Virtualized Service Router
- Enabling Rapid Network Expansion with the Nokia Virtualized Service Router (VSR)
- Telefonica tests Nokia VNFs
- Nokia’s Virtualized Router and Mobile Gateway: Tested and Deployment-Ready
- EANTC Tests Nokia IP Routing and Mobile Gateway VNFs for Real World Deployment
#NFV from @Nokianetworks
Our comprehensive IP routing portfolio lets you blend the best of virtualization and specialized routing hardware to build a flexible and efficient IP edge network. With our technologies and expertise, you can manage massive traffic growth and stay a step ahead of demand for video and cloud services.