The Velocix Origin Server lets you cost effectively process, store and deliver content for live, on-demand and time-shifted TV services
The Nokia Velocix Origin Server is a highly scalable virtualized application that you can use to process, store and deliver content for live TV, video on demand, and time-shifted TV services. It lets you enrich these services by supporting personalization use cases such as targeted advertising, blackout, and bandwidth control.
With the Velocix Origin Server, you get:
- A service oriented architecture (SOA) that supports flexible service deployment
- Support for a variety of HTTP Adaptive Streaming formats, including Apple HLS, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and MPEG-DASH
- Ceph object-based storage that provides scale and resiliency
- A unified management system that covers troubleshooting tools, reporting, and analytics
- Lower capital expenditure by scaling ingress, storage, and egress components independently, based on end-user services
- Reduce encoding and storage costs by ingesting and storing video content in one format and delivering it live or on demand in any format, with any DRM scheme
- Create additional revenue by delivering personalized video services that add value for end users, advertisers, and content providers
- Lower operational expenditure by leveraging exposed APIs to rapidly integrate the platform into existing environments
The Nokia Velocix Origin Server enables you to deliver live TV and video on demand services. It also allows you to record live TV using a circular buffer so you can deliver time-shifted TV services such as pause live TV and rewind TV.
By combining the Velocix Origin Server with our Velocix Recording Manager or a third-party scheduler, you can create a Cloud DVR solution that supports additional services such as catch-up TV, restart TV, and network PVR.
By combining the Velocix Origin Server with our Velocix Personalization Platform, you can personalize video services and support use cases for targeted advertising, content blackouts, emergency alerts, and bandwidth control.