Velocix Media Delivery Platform
The Nokia Velocix Media Delivery Platform enables network service providers to build their own content delivery network (CDN), leveraging network intelligence and subscriber data. This enables them to capitalize on growing consumer demand for rich digital media on any screen.
The Velocix Media Delivery Platform delivers high volumes of on-demand and linear video traffic in a scalable and cost-effective way over fixed and wireless broadband connections. By creating their own CDN and the capabilities inherent in the Velocix Enhanced Video Experience (EVE) release, service providers can leverage network intelligence and subscriber data. This results in more personalized, dynamic, and equitable video service experience to TVs, tablets, smartphones, game consoles and PCs.
With a Velocix CDN, service providers can quickly launch new revenue-generating services at a reduced cost that cannot be met by competing over-the-top (OTT) services. By achieving outstanding delivery performance levels, service providers become attractive partners for content providers, who gain a reliable distribution and retail channel for their content.
Reduces transport costs of video
- Delivers managed and OTT content from the cache that is closest to consumers
- Uses intelligent, hierarchical content replication based on dynamic demand patterns
- Minimizes storage, transit, and network resources with embedded video processing functions
- Delivers personalized video services to any screen with experience management at a user level
- Takes advantage of deep caching to minimize the distance content travels over the network and delivers it quicker and more reliably
- Capitalizes on multisource content routing and cache load balancing
Increases revenue and partnership potential
- Grows subscriber base and minimizes churn with outstanding multiscreen services for premium and OTT content
- Upsells on basic transport services, forges relationships with content providers,and becomes a trusted retail channel
- Leverages the expertise of the Nokia team in building and operating a global CDN