TAS, Telecom Application Server
Nokia TAS - for agile and innovative communication services
Nokia TAS and a cloud-native programmable core will give operators the business agility they need to ensure sustainable business in a rapidly changing world, and let them gain from the increased demand for high performance connectivity.
Nokia TAS is a Telecom Application Server in VoLTE networks, built according to IMS core architecture, which provides a superset of services for VoLTE, Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) and fixed-access networks.
Nokia TAS provides feature parity with mobile CS voice and VoLTE and supports an IMS centralized service. It forms part of Nokia’s virtualization, providing strong Core synergies with other Nokia core elements.
With Nokia TAS, operators can re-use existing back-end systems such as billing, IN and SMSC for VoIP and VoLTE. The same OSS can be used for both VoLTE and CS voice, making TAS integration remarkably easy.
Agile service creation
Nokia TAS has fully featured application development capabilities. With open (REST-based) API’s and integrated Java Execution Environment, Nokia TAS allows operators to customize and create their own services.
Nokia TAS provides a programmable services environment that can be used for voice, messaging and video sessions for SIP subscribers to LTE and other broadband access methods.
Nokia TAS shares the strategy of using open interfaces towards external peers or layers, such as Virtual Network Function Management, Network Function Virtualization infrastructure, and operation and management.
- Single VNF enabling software updates without network service interruption
- Significantly shorter internal and external SW build creation and delivery times
- Common user competencies with harmonized O&M across multiple Nokia VoLTE core products
- Higher VNF capacity with improved resiliency model
- Nokia to drive agility in cloud services and advance operators to digitalization07 Sep 2017
- Nokia and STC to deploy 4.5G technology across Saudi Arabia to meet the next phase of mobile data demand and pave the way to 5G18 Oct 2016
- Nokia Shared Data Layer simplifies telco networks and prepares them for IoT and 5G #MWC1618 Feb 2016
- WIND Mobile and Nokia Networks partner to bring the most advanced LTE technology to Canada10 Dec 2015
- Nokia Networks showcases latest innovations at MWC Revisited in South Africa27 Aug 2015