Nokia 4.9G TD-LTE delivers top network quality and fast return on investment
Nokia has carved out a clear leadership position in TD-LTE. We have led TD-LTE development, building an experienced R&D team dedicated to creating innovative, future-proof and class-leading solutions for operators in all markets. The result is a high performance, cost-effective solution based on our compact AirScale Base Station, which provides a clear path to 5G.
Our TD-LTE products are proven in large-scale networks to deliver high customer satisfaction, such as in China Mobile’s network with nearly half a billion subscribers. We have globalized TD-LTE with close to 100 references, and many first commercial network launches including Latin America, Russia, India, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.
The Nokia TD-LTE solution incorporates AirScale Base Station that offers a broad range of radio options, including the latest AirScale Massive MIMO Adaptive Antenna that uses 128 elements and 3D Beamforming to boost cell capacity by up to five-fold. AirScale Base Station offers unlimited capacity and multi-connectivity including TDD and FDD. The base station integrates a transport module, high capacity RF interfaces, GPS, built-in security and 4.9G features.
The Nokia TD-LTE solution also includes features that dramatically expand capacity and coverage – for example, our Smart Scheduler enables top network quality and up to 40 percent lower total cost of ownership by enabling more simultaneous subscribers in a given site. In addition, our Intelligent Beamforming software delivers more than 100 percent improvement in downlink cell throughput and 35 percent improvement in uplink throughput – resulting in compelling user experiences with fewer sites deployed.
- Top network quality that delivers unmatched end-user experience
- Reduce TCO by 40% using Smart Scheduler and our Intelligent Beamforming software
- Provides unprecedented scalability and flexibility
- Protects your investment
- We offer TD-LTE using our most award winning Flexi platform deployed in more than 450 networks
- We are clear leaders in commercializing TD-LTE ecosystems, both in terms of total deployments and first-to-market (the first TD-LTE commercial launch and first 4G/TD-LTE network in Latin America, first TD-LTE launch in Russia, and first TD-LTE launch in Saudi Arabia).
- We are a leading global vendor for China Mobile Communications Corporation (CMCC) engagements.
Blogs and articles
- New Intelligent Beamforming feature enables 50% gains
- NSN and China Mobile on the fast track with TD-LTE
- Double cell edge gain & eliminate noisy neighbors with Intelligent Beamforming
- View all TD-LTE blogs
- Nokia 4.9G Massive MIMO enables 5G-like user experiences
- Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS): High-quality services on shared spectrum
- Nokia TD-LTE Intelligent Beamforming
- Optus and Nokia build world’s first ‘Gigasite’, achieving 1.7 Gbps
- 4.1Gbps throughput using TDD-FDD LTE carrier aggregation
- Nokia demonstrating 3.8 Gbps TDD-FDD LTE throughput
- Smart Scheduler Coordinated Scheduling demo
- World's first Authorized Shared Access field trial
- Nokia drives key European research project 5G-MoNArch to bring 5G mobile network architecture from concept to real world22 Aug 2017
- Nokia Bell Labs leads project to develop next generation 5G platform-as-a-service for 5G era09 Aug 2017
- Nokia to expand development and deployment of 5G FIRST as industry interest grows01 Aug 2017
- Nokia shows how 4.9G technology will reduce network latency on the path to 5G at #MWCS1728 Jun 2017
- Spark New Zealand invests in strategic partnership with Nokia for core infrastructure to prepare for 5G, ultra-broadband and IoT14 Jun 2017