Smart WiFi delivers carrier grade wireless access with Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi
Smart Wi-Fi is Nokia’s end-to-end solution that integrates Wi-Fi as part of Heterogeneous Networks.
The latest addition to Smart Wi-Fi is Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi, cloud-based, carrier-grade Wi-Fi access that combines gigabit wireless performance with simple deployment.
Mobile operators can now seamlessly integrate Wi-Fi with their existing networks to improve the customer experience. AirScale Wi-Fi also allows service providers without licensed spectrum to run a Wi-Fi service that takes advantage of mobile edge computing and analytics to deliver advanced context-based services.
Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi includes compact indoor/outdoor Wi-Fi access points and Wi-Fi modules for integration into small cells. The latest product in the portfolio is Compact outdoor Wi-Fi access point Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi AC220: Access point to support the smart devices on the road.
Compact outdoor Wi-Fi access point Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi AC220: Access point to support the smart devices on the road.
It features a unique cloud-based Wi-Fi controller with instant access point plug-and-play and auto-scaling for carrier-grade networks. As well as making gigabit Wi-Fi simple to deploy, it allows service providers without licensed spectrum to deliver a mobile-like customer experience.
Nokia will enhance AirScale Wi-Fi’s features by implementing LTE-Wi-Fi Aggregation (LWA) - an LTE-Advanced Pro feature - to boost LTE capacity.
Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi expands on the existing components of our widely deployed Smart Wi-Fi solution. This includes the industry leading carrier-grade WLAN Gateway, AAA, and Motive platform for Device Management, as well as Customer Experience Management and Service Management to deliver an end-to-end Wi-Fi solution.
- Comprises compact indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi access points, Wi-Fi integrated into the Nokia Flexi Zone G2 Base Station and a Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Controller that runs on the Nokia AirFrame server platform.
- The cloud controller enables easy and quick deployment with automated configuration, monitoring and management of Wi-Fi access points.
Nokia is a leading vendor for service provider Wi-Fi with 55 Wi-Fi contracts globally, including KPN Netherlands and Salt Switzerland.
Related blog posts
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC220 (variant with external antennas)
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC220 (variant with integrateddirectional antenna)
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC220i
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC220 (variant with integrated omni antenna)
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC400 (variants with integrated omni and integrated directional antennas)
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC400 (variant with external antennas)
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC400 (variant with small integrated omni antennas)
- Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi Access Point AC400i
#expertadvantage, #services from @nokianetworks
As part of the Smart Wi-Fi solution, Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi provides operators with a means to integrate LTE’s reliability with Wi-Fi’s high capacity. It also enables organizations without access to licensed spectrum, such as service providers, governments and Internet players, to use Nokia’s well-developed cloud assets for Wi-Fi deployments.