Small Cells deliver cost-effective capacity and coverage, indoors and outdoors, and are key to network innovation
As data traffic rises and subscribers’ performance expectations grow, supplementing macro networks with small cells is an effective way to provide coverage and capacity indoors and outdoors, in the public space, enterprises and in homes. In addition, small cells deployed in strategic areas are the perfect vehicles to bring network innovation such as value-adding applications, local contextual applications and IoT services.
Yet it can be challenging to deal with the higher control traffic, interference between the macro and small cell networks and backhaul challenges that deploying small cell brings. HetNets are also far more complex than traditional macro only networks, so automating many of the conventional manual and network optimization processes will be essential.
Nokia’s comprehensive range of products and services can help you to meet these challenges and make the most of the opportunities of small cells.
How can you prepare for the future heterogeneous network?
- Provide easily scalable solutions to meet changing capacity needs
- Offer services to ensure the right investments for the right network
- Find the best solutions for both public indoor and enterprise use
Small cell deployments: you don’t have to learn the hard way
Read our discussion paper that provides an insight into the practical challenges of deploying small cells and how to solve them.
How China Mobile used small cells to build capacity for a mass event
Nokia Small Cells Rock in Sonera’s Network
Discover why our small cells portfolio is the industry’s most comprehensive
AirScale Micro RRHBuild outdoor and indoor networks with the right cell size for their location, managing costs and providing the capacity where needed FemtocellsOur 3G/LTE femtocells comprise a fully 3GPP-compliant femto gateway, complete with Nokia 3G and 4G Femto access points Femtocell Multi-band SOHOA compact enterprise small cell solution for SOHO users, based on an award winning product Flexi ZoneNokia Flexi Zone is a small cell solution for offloading traffic from your macro network to an underlay street-level and indoor network Flexi Lite Base StationA small all-in-one base station optimized for outdoor and indoor micro-cell deployments Services for HetNetsHelps you deal with urban congestion by providing capacity where it is most needed and by deploying the most effective solution to tackle congestion Smart Wi-FiTo get carrier grade wireless access with Nokia AirScale Wi-Fi
Talk with us about densification of mobile networks that is increasingly becoming a priority for operators, with small cells seen as key enablers. Read more
Explore our connectivity solutions further
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
- Nokia named a Leader in Small Cell Equipment by Gartner and number one Small Cells Vendor by IHS24 Oct 2016
- Nokia and STC to deploy 4.5G technology across Saudi Arabia to meet the next phase of mobile data demand and pave the way to 5G18 Oct 2016
- Nokia expands Flexi Zone small cell portfolio, boosting performance and simplifying deployment for operators and enterprises08 Sep 2016
Related blog posts
- Digitization, densification and why you should care21 Feb 2017
- Small cells bring IoT in from the cold07 Feb 2017
- Enterprises welcome – the 5G and IoT doors are wide open!16 Dec 2016
- Small cells share the spotlight at global culture festival – see video!18 Oct 2016
- Small cells & Mobile Edge Computing cover all the bases for Taiwan baseball fans14 Sep 2016
#smallcells, #femtocells from @Nokianetworks
Our comprehensive range of products and services helps you meet the challenges of HetNets and offer the right service for indoor access and enterprises. From base stations optimized for indoor use to services designed to develop the right network, Nokia solutions help you make the most of the opportunities offered by small cells.