Small Cells deliver cost-effective capacity and coverage, indoors and outdoors
How China Mobile used small cells to build capacity for a mass event
As data traffic rises and the risk of congestion grows, supplementing macro networks with small cells is an effective way to provide capacity for indoors and outdoors, as well as for enterprises.
Yet it can be challenging to deal with the higher control traffic, interference between the macro and small cell networks and backhaul bottlenecks that HetNets will bring.
HetNets are also far more complex than traditional macro networks, so automating many of the conventional manual control and network optimization processes will be essential.
Nokia’s comprehensive range of products and services can help you to meet these challenges and make the most of the opportunities of small cells.
How can operators prepare for the future heterogeneous network?
- Easily scalable solutions to meet changing capacity needs
- Services ensure the right investments for the right network
- Get the best solutions for both public indoor and enterprise use
Small cell deployments: you don’t have to learn the hard way
Read our discussion paper that provides an insight into the practical challenges of deploying small cells and how to solve them
Discover why our small cells portfolio is the industry’s most comprehensive
Flexi ZoneNokia Flexi Zone is a small cell solution for offloading traffic from your macro network to an underlay street-level and indoor networkServices for HetNetsHelps you deal with urban congestion by providing capacity where it is most needed and by deploying the most effective solution to tackle congestionSmart Wi-FiNokia AirScale Wi-Fi includes compact indoor/outdoor Wi-Fi access points, Wi-Fi modules for integration in small cellsIn-building SolutionsWe help operators create a strategy, develop the right product, and design, plan and dimension an in-building solution encompassing DAS and small cell solutions Flexi Lite Base StationNokia’s Flexi Lite Base Station is a small all-in-one base station optimized for outdoor and indoor micro-cell deployments Femtocell SolutionOur 3G/LTE Femto solution comprises a fully 3GPP-compliant Femto gateway, complete with Nokia 3G and 4G Femto Access Points
Explore our connectivity solutions further
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
- Nokia named a Leader in Small Cell Equipment by Gartner and number one Small Cells Vendor by IHS24 Oct 2016
- Nokia and STC to deploy 4.5G technology across Saudi Arabia to meet the next phase of mobile data demand and pave the way to 5G18 Oct 2016
- Nokia expands Flexi Zone small cell portfolio, boosting performance and simplifying deployment for operators and enterprises08 Sep 2016
- Nokia's Centralized RAN technology deployed by Telefónica to improve the mobile experience at Valencia's Mestalla Stadium02 Jun 2016
Related blog posts
- Small cells share the spotlight at global culture festival – see video!18 Oct 2016
- Small cells & Mobile Edge Computing cover all the bases for Taiwan baseball fans14 Sep 2016
- Can you fit 3 carriers into 1 small cell? Yes, if it’s Flexi Zone16 Aug 2016
- A big buzz around small cells24 May 2016
- Evolving HetNets to low cost Ultra-Dense Networks? We can and we must – new white paper23 Mar 2016
#SmallCell from @Nokianetworks
Our comprehensive range of products and services helps you meet the challenges of HetNets and offer the right service for indoor access and enterprises. From base stations optimized for indoor use to services designed to develop the right network, Nokia solutions help you make the most of the opportunities offered by small cells.