Network Services Platform - NFM-T
Optical network management
The Network Services Platform (NSP) module for optical management is the Network Functions Manager for Transport (NFM-T), formerly known as the Nokia 1350 Optical Management System (OMS). It centralizes multiple network management and operations functions in one unified platform for the Nokia Optical portfolio. It allows network planning and operations staff to plan, deploy, and manage the network over the total life cycle.
The NFM-T module supports multiple technologies, services, and network sizes in one integrated Carrier SDN and network management platform. It supports element, network, and service management.
The NFM-T module provides common management for end-to-end operations. This includes service provisioning over multi-technology optical transport networks (SDH/SONET, Carrier Ethernet, WDM, ROADM, OTN and packet) and OSS/BSS integration. Its component-based architecture easily scales to meet network growth and development from access to core.
Back to main >> Network Services Platform
Benefits & Features
- Multi-technology platform enables rapid rollout of new technologies and services
- Single management point for entire network enables cost-effective scaling and development
- Integrated platform accelerates service restoration and improves service availability
- GUI with wizards and templates accelerates service provisioning, and reduces errors and truck rolls
- Integrated multi-technology platform reduces time and cost of service assurance operations
- Common operations processes across multiple technologies reduce learning curve and training costs
- Flexible, component-based platform eases network scalability across technologies
- Unified, multi-technology platform eliminates the need for and cost of separate management systems