Compact, powerful, efficient – see how our Multicontroller delivers over 6 times more capacity, yet uses up to 70% less energy than earlier network controllers
It’s challenging to succeed in today’s highly competitive and rapidly changing mobile market. That’s why high-performance platforms that can manage the rising demands on networks are key to that success. Nokia’s Multicontroller is one such platform. The network controller’s clever use of software and revolutionary hardware delivers the flexibility and capacity you need, and much more.
Our Multicontroller platform is a globally field-proven next generation radio network controller for GSM and WCDMA. It can grow as your network grows, delivering not only the capacity for data, but also continued competitive advantage.
- High control-plane capacity supports the boom in smartphones and data-intensive wireless devices
- Grows with your network so you make only the investments you need
- Minimum site resources needed - for example, requires no dedicated air-conditioning
- Small size and low energy use cut OPEX
- Field proven reliability
- Future capable.
- Cuts the total cost of ownership by simplifying deployment and reducing power consumption
- Capacity can be scaled to suit demand, optimizing investments
- Protects investment with straightforward upgrade from GSM to WCDMA
- In commercial operation in numerous networks around the world
- Backed by Nokia’s commitment to innovation and Global Services excellence.
- Alfa and Nokia partner to deploy Nokia AirScale solution, sign MoU for network evolution toward 5G19 Mar 2018
- Nokia and Orange roll out 4G LTE in Africa07 Mar 2018
- Nokia to improve capacity and coverage of Zain Iraq's network for Zeyara and beyond11 Oct 2017
- Nokia signs EUR 30 million network expansion and modernization deal with Bangladesh's Teletalk 25 Jan 2017
- Nokia to power Cellcard's 3G and LTE network expansion and modernization in Cambodia 24 Jan 2017
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.
Our Multicontroller platform features the largest capacity and highest peak data rates commercially available today. The Multicontroller typifies Nokia's “innovative thinking” - combine this with an ever growing number of Multicontroller deployments around the world, alongside our renowned services team and we can help ensure that your network delivers year after year.