MulteFire allows LTE to run without being anchored in licensed spectrum
MulteFire combines the high performance of LTE with the simple deployment of Wi-Fi. Using unlicensed spectrum, it can be deployed by operators, cable companies, ISPs, building owners and enterprises.
Nokia is globalizing and commercializing MulteFire and is one of the two founding members of MulteFire Alliance.
During MWC16 Ray LeMaistre talked with MulteFire Alliance Board Chair Stephan Litjens about the benefits of MulteFire technology and how it will co-exist with other technologies in unlicensed spectrum. See the interview here. They also discussed the multiple applications, performance and quality-of-service benefits of MulteFire technology, see here.
Nokia world 1st MulteFire small cell solution
Nokia Flexi Zone small cell solution is recognised today as the most innovative and leading small cell solution in the market. With Flexi Zone MulteFire multiband Pico BTS, industry verticals, enterprises, smart cities and mobile operators get access to a class leading small cell solution for deploying globally private LTE networks to enhance their operations, innovate and expand their global footprint.
With 'Wi-Fi®-like' ease of deployment, the Nokia Flexi Zone MulteFire Multiband Pico BTS will allow industries, smart cities and service providers to take advantage of new capabilities:
- Industry verticals will, for example, be able to reliably track parcels and containers in key logistic hubs and campuses and connect and remotely control their vehicles while leveraging MulteFire performance for video applications such as surveillance.
- Mobile service providers will be able to expand their mobile enterprise offer to companies in regions of the world outside of their licensed spectrum footprint.
- Owners of public buildings such as hotels, malls, stadiums and venues will also benefit from new revenue streams with the ability to open up their Private LTE network to mobile providers to enhance indoor services for subscribers at their location.
Complementing Nokia Flexi Zone MulteFire Multiband Pico BTS, Nokia can deliver end-to-end private LTE solutions leveraging its network and services expertise including a range of cloud packet core solutions (EPC/IMS), virtual Multi-access Edge Computing and supporting a number of low latency applications for operators, vertical industries and enterprises around the globe.
Nokia Flexi Zone MulteFire Multiband Pico BTS
- Compact 4 liter outdoor and indoor small cell to be made commercially available in the second quarter of 2018
- Offers support for multiple carriers leveraging the new MulteFire radio access technology standard and enabling throughput of up to 300 Mbps, and class-leading multi-user capacity
- MulteFire Alliance Release 1.0 compliant and upgradable via software
- Ruggedized to meet the demands of industries and 'Wi-Fi-like' ease of deployment in 'all-in-one' form factor/unit using Ethernet backhaul and power
- Large coverage via up to 1W of RF power, the maximum allowed in unlicensed spectrum
- Simplified operations and optimization via Flexi Zone Plug&Play and enhanced self-organizing network (SON) capabilities
- Neutral host capability support will enable owners of public buildings such as hotels, venues, traffic hubs and subways to lease the private LTE network to mobile providers, allowing them to enhance services for customers
- Easy deployment using small cells without costly licensed spectrum
- Enterprises and ISPs can build their own MulteFire network using zero touch installations enabled by Advanced SON (Self Organizing Network)
- Mobile operators can provide carrier grade data and voice services when no licensed spectrum is available
- High service quality for end-users
- MulteFire is designed for enhanced coverage, range, capacity, and mobility
- Co-exists and complements Wi-Fi – outdoor coverage, improved performance and security
- MulteFire Alliance is driving the development of a global technical specification
- Au Revoir France: MulteFire Alliance Concludes Successful Technical Specification Group Meetings and MulteFire Open Day20 Oct 2016
- From CTIA to Open Day – Globetrotting with the MulteFire Alliance15 Aug 2016
- Understanding MulteFire’s E2E Architecture and Neutral Host: Archived Webinar 20 Jul 2016
- Open for Business: MulteFire Enables Unbounded, Neutral Host Solutions for Private Enterprises, Mobile Operators and Service Providers01 Jul 2016
- MulteFire Gains Interest in China20 Jun 2016
- Ready, Set, Go MulteFire02 Feb 2016
- Stephane Daeuble on the Multefire Alliance
- MulteFire Private LTE Demo at MWC18
- Advances in MulteFire
- Panel: MulteFire for Industrial IoT and Enterprise
- The Promise of MulteFire: An Interview With the MulteFire Alliance
- MulteFire Alliance Prepares its LTE-based Specification for License-exempt Services