Cloud Mobility Manager
Increase the scale and signaling capacity you need for mobile broadband, IoT/MTC, and future 5G services
The Nokia Cloud Mobility Manager (CMM) performs the MME/SGSN functions within the packet core network and supports the Cellular IoT-Serving Gateway Node (C-SGN) function within narrowband internet of things/machine-type communications (IOT/MTC) network. It delivers the flexibility, performance, scalability, and reliability you need to support network signaling loads that are increasing with the rise of subscribers, connected devices, and new network applications.
The CMM lets you quickly add subscribers and capacity as service demands change. Its cloud-native, state-efficient design makes it easy to deploy new mobility management functions that can scale independently to meet service needs.
The CMM software is highly reliable and field proven. Its cloud-native packet core architecture lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) by improving resource efficiency.
You can run the CMM in standard network functions virtualization (NFV) infrastructure environments or on pre-integrated and modular server-based solutions. This allows you to right-size your deployment to address diverse service requirements and economics.
All the CMM deployment options share a common network management system with the Nokia packet core functions. This sharing supports a consistent operations model while enabling you to make a seamless transition to NFV and software-defined networking (SDN).
Improved resource efficiency
- Uses a state-efficient VNF design and a common data layer that dramatically increases subscriber and device scalability
- Maximizes resource utilization and reduces network signaling by using a common data layer that provides a centralized repository of all network subscriber session data
Increased flexibility and reduced network complexity
- Disaggregates software into components to enable independent scaling and placement that eliminates stranded or underutilized resources
- Provides optimized signaling and control features that reduce network signaling load to support IoT/MTC and mobile broadband services
Reduced operational costs
- Operates within any NFV infrastructure environment
- Provides converged mobility management functions that simplify network engineering and planning
- Reduces operation and maintenance (OAM) costs with simplified IT and data center operations, including a common element and network management system (EMS/NMS)
Advanced reliability and redundancy
- Supports stateful failover and rapid recovery for all virtual machines (VMs)
- Uses internal load balancing and advanced overload control protection mechanisms to improve network availability
- Provides a geo-redundant configuration option to support additional network resiliency
Faster time to market
- Enables rapid deployment of signaling and control resources through agile cloud operations and automated lifecycle management
- Supports a range of deployment options to meet the cost and scale requirements for operators, enterprises, municipal/public safety and governments.
#NFV from @nokianetworks
Our comprehensive Cloud Packet Core solution enables the delivery of advanced mobile, business, and fixed access services. We offer a full array of packet core network functions and applications using field-proven technologies and expertise that can help you speed service delivery, deliver greater scale and capacity, and operate your network more efficiently.