Get the flexibility, scale, and performance you need for mobile broadband, IoT/MTC, and future 5G services
The Nokia Cloud Mobile Gateway performs the gateway functions within the packet core. It is built to help you address the growth of mobile broadband, deliver new Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine Type Communications (MTC) services, and a foundation for 5G.
With the Cloud Mobile Gateway, you get the flexibility, scale, capacity, and performance you need to support more users, devices, and services over licensed, unlicensed, or shared wireless and fixed access.
Our cloud-native software design supports software disaggregation, state-efficient processing and a common data layer that improves resource utilization for network functions virtualization (NFV) and lowers total cost of ownership (TCO).
The Cloud Mobile Gateway supports a wide range of mobile gateway functions:
- Serving Gateway (SGW)
- Packet Data Network Gateway/Gateway GPRS Support Node (PGW/GGSN)
- Home Agent (HA) for 3GPP2 cellular access
- Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG) for non-3GPP (Wi-Fi) untrusted access
- Trusted Wireless Access Gateway (TWAG) for non-3GPP (Wi-Fi) trusted access
- Subscriber Services Gateway (SSG) providing enhanced Traffic Detection Function (TDF) for application awareness and flexible service chaining
- Hybrid Access Gateway (HAG) for converged service delivery across wireless and fixed access
You can deploy the Cloud Mobile Gateway on pre-integrated and modular server-based appliances or cloud-native virtualized network functions (VNFs). These options allow you to right-size your deployment to address diverse service requirements and economics.
All the Cloud Mobile Gateway deployment options share a common network management system with the Nokia packet core functions. This sharing supports a consistent operations model while enabling you to make a seamless transition to NFV and software-defined networking (SDN).