LTE – The path to 5G with 4.5G Pro for a superior experience
Your customers expect their experience of mobile broadband to be smooth, continuous and rapid. Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology is the most efficient mobile broadband technology for providing an excellent user experience. It offers the highest data rates and shortest latency times.
Over 700 operators in more than 190 countries are investing in LTE networks. Additionally LTE is increasingly used for private networks and for public safety. By 2020 LTE is expected to connect more subscribers than any other mobile technology. LTE can used on both paired and unpaired spectrum allocations, on licensed and unlicensed spectrum. LTE is continuously evolving and 3GPP continuous to standardize the building blocks for this evolution path in LTE-Advanced Pro. Nokia leverages AirScale for building a smooth evolution path to 5G with 4.5G Pro and 4.9G. 4.5G Pro increases initial 4G networks speeds ten times to gigabit data rates. 4.9G will provide for future service continuity with 5G network fabric.
LTE-A marks the evolution of LTE to even higher user data rates and more network capacity.
The evolution of LTE-Advanced: LTE-Advanced Pro
Watch the animation for the latest LTE-Advanced enhancements, which are currently undergoing standardization in 3GPP in Release 13 and subsequent releases, mark a truly giant leap forward for 4G. These enhancements will not only benefit smartphone users, but also enable a host of new use cases, from connectivity for the Internet of Things to public safety.
Download whitepaper: LTE-Advanced Pro
One of the key features of LTE-A is Carrier Aggregation. Nokia has had LTE-A Carrier Aggregation in commercial networks since 2013, when the Korean operators were the first in the world to launch it.
LTE-A continues to evolve, with a current focus on including the use of unlicensed spectrum and the optimization of mobile broadband networks for the Internet of Things.
We supply LTE to the world’s largest 15 operators (by LTE subscriptions) across Asia, Europe, and North America.
We've deployed LTE on all major frequency bands and as of September 2016, we have 327 commercial references.
- Extremely fast broadband for people and things (LTE-M)
- Operates on a global standard on licensed and unlicensed spectrum (LTE-U)
- Offers efficient delivery and smooth implementation
- We have LTE centers in markets all over the world and works closely with suppliers to ensure smooth implementation and operation.
- We can supply LTE (FDD mode) and TD-LTE to markets around the world.
- Our close cooperation with the leading LTE device suppliers ensures end-to-end interoperability, and our 4G devices complement our infrastructure solutions and help operators to launch LTE services.
- Nokia and Europe's first drone-based Smart City traffic management test facility collaborate to ensure safe global aerial operations26 Sep 2016
- Nokia launches Mobile Edge Computing-based enterprise applications19 Sep 2016
- Nokia launches Mission Critical Communications Alliance to drive global adoption of 4G LTE-based public safety technology14 Sep 2016
- Nokia extends 5G-ready AirScale radio and services portfolio to meet demands of cloud-based, ultra-connected world 12 Sep 2016
- Nokia at CTIA: path to 5G will take next step through 4.5G Pro06 Sep 2016