LTE – The path to 5G with 4.9G for a superior experience
There has never been a time as exciting as today in mobile communications.
Going far beyond smartphone connectivity, 4.5G, 4.5G Pro, 4.9G and 5G have the potential to revolutionize way we live and work, how public safety is ensured and how industrial processes are run.
More than 800 operators are investing in LTE in more than 200 countries. Additionally LTE is increasingly used for private networks and for public safety. LTE connects more subscribers than any other mobile technology. LTE can used on both paired and unpaired spectrum allocations, on licensed and unlicensed spectrum. LTE is continuously evolving with LTE-Advanced and LTE-Advanced Pro providing for major building blocks for the path to 5G. Nokia leverages Nokia AirScale for building a smooth evolution path to 5G with 4.5G Pro and 4.9G. In February 2018, Nokia has demonstrated user data rates of 2Gbps on 4.9G powered by Nokia AirScale. With high data rates, low latency and massive capacity, Nokia 4.9G creates an environment of continuity beyond the initial 5G network areas. For more information about new services with 4.5G, 4.5G Pro and 4.9G visit our whitepaper section.
- Nokia has led the introduction of LTE-Advanced and LTE-Advanced Pro, with the introduction of key features like Carrier Aggregation in commercial networks since 2013.
- We supply LTE operators in all regions of the world, including all the leading technology and largest subscriber markets.
- Our LTE customers serve the majority of LTE subscribers worldwide.
- We've deployed LTE on all major frequency bands and as of March 2018, we have more than 380 commercial references.
- Contact us for more information about our industry-leading LTE products
- Extremely fast broadband for people and things (LTE-M)
- Operates on a global standard on licensed and unlicensed spectrum (LTE-U)
- Offers efficient delivery and smooth implementation
- We have LTE centers in markets all over the world and works closely with suppliers to ensure smooth implementation and operation.
- We can supply LTE (FDD mode) and TD-LTE to markets around the world.
- Our close cooperation with the leading LTE device suppliers ensures end-to-end interoperability, and our 4G devices complement our infrastructure solutions and help operators to launch LTE services.
- Nokia whitepaper explores new service opportunities with 4.5G and beyond
- Tele2 beats the heat in Estonia with NB-IoT
- And we call it: LTE-Advanced Pro
- Would you buy a superfluous box which makes your network complex?
- Nokia makes LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation faster everywhere
- World’s first 225 Mbps on smartphones
- Goodbye stadium effect, hello useful traffic with Centralized RAN
- Why operator VoLTE beats OTT VoIP
- LTE-A Carrier Aggregation with ensured device interoperability
- View all LTE related blogs
- Path to 5G
- Low latency services with Nokia 4.9G and Cloud Packet Core Solution
- LTE-Advanced Pro
- Avantel selected Nokia for it's complete LTE infrastructure
- Scheduling in LTE-Advanced
- LTE-A Carrier Aggregation
- Reliable 3D connectivity for drones over LTE networks
- 4.9G technologies
- The path to 5G: New services with 4.5G, 4.5G Pro and 4.9G
- Beamforming for 4.9G/5G networks
- Low latency in 4.9G/5G
- Sustainable traffic growth in LTE networks
- Automotive services enabled with LTE evolution for IoT
- Mass event optimization
- LTE evolution for IoT connectivity
- LTE-Advanced Pro
- Multi-antenna optimization in LTE
- LTE Carrier Aggregation Optimization
- LTE-Advanced (Rel.12 and beyond)
- LTE for unlicensed spectrum
- LTE-Advanced (focus on Rel.10)
- VoLTE optimization
- APT700 Discussion Paper
- Mobile broadband with HSPA and LTE – capacity and cost aspects
- TDD and FDD co-existence in LTE: synergies and enhancements
- Nokia and Vodafone Qatar deploy virtualized applications for core network modernization11 Jun 2018
- Vertel launches SD-WAN services from Nuage Networks to organizations across Australia04 May 2018
- Nokia and TeamTalk sign technology partner agreement for critical, resilient communications in New Zealand 03 May 2018
- Nokia and Telia conduct Industry 4.0 trial in Finland leveraging low-latency and high-bandwidth of 5G technology12 Apr 2018
- Nokia and SKT conduct trial of LTE-based video and voice applications to enhance public safety in South Korea11 Apr 2018
- Alfa and Nokia partner to deploy Nokia AirScale solution, sign MoU for network evolution toward 5G19 Mar 2018