LTE – The path to 5G with 4.5G Pro for a superior experience
There has never been a time as exciting as today in mobile communications.
Going far beyond smartphone connectivity, 4.5G, 4.5G Pro, 4.9G and 5G have the potential to revolutionize way we live and work, how public safety is ensured and how industrial processes are run.
Over 700 operators in more than 190 countries are investing in LTE networks. Additionally LTE is increasingly used for private networks and for public safety. By 2020 LTE is expected to connect more subscribers than any other mobile technology. LTE can used on both paired and unpaired spectrum allocations, on licensed and unlicensed spectrum. LTE is continuously evolving and 3GPP continuous to standardize the building blocks for this evolution path in LTE-Advanced Pro. Nokia leverages AirScale for building a smooth evolution path to 5G with 4.5G Pro and 4.9G. 4.5G Pro increases initial 4G networks speeds ten times to gigabit data rates. 4.9G will provide for future service continuity with 5G network fabric.
LTE-A marks the evolution of LTE to even higher user data rates and more network capacity.
Watch the animation for the latest LTE-Advanced enhancements, which are currently undergoing standardization in 3GPP in Release 13 and subsequent releases, mark a truly giant leap forward for 4G.
These enhancements will not only benefit smartphone users, but also enable a host of new use cases, from connectivity for the Internet of Things to public safety.
Download whitepaper: LTE-Advanced Pro
One of the key features of LTE-A is Carrier Aggregation. Nokia has had LTE-A Carrier Aggregation in commercial networks since 2013, when the Korean operators were the first in the world to launch it.
LTE-A continues to evolve, with a current focus on including the use of unlicensed spectrum and the optimization of mobile broadband networks for the Internet of Things.
We supply LTE to the world’s largest 15 operators (by LTE subscriptions) across Asia, Europe, and North America.
We've deployed LTE on all major frequency bands and as of December 2016, we have more than 330 commercial references.
- Extremely fast broadband for people and things (LTE-M)
- Operates on a global standard on licensed and unlicensed spectrum (LTE-U)
- Offers efficient delivery and smooth implementation
- We have LTE centers in markets all over the world and works closely with suppliers to ensure smooth implementation and operation.
- We can supply LTE (FDD mode) and TD-LTE to markets around the world.
- Our close cooperation with the leading LTE device suppliers ensures end-to-end interoperability, and our 4G devices complement our infrastructure solutions and help operators to launch LTE services.
- Nokia and T-Mobile achieve ground-breaking LTE speeds near 1 Gbps #CES201704 Jan 2017
- Nokia showcases 5G innovations driving next era of communication 05 Dec 2016
- European Aviation Network (EAN) is airborne!28 Nov 2016
- dtac picks Nokia to revamp end-to-end transport and IP core network to prepare for Carrier SDN09 Nov 2016
- Nokia Group Communications Produktfamilie verstärkt LTE-Portfolio für Behördennetze 09 Nov 2016
Related blog posts
- And we call it: LTE-Advanced Pro
- Would you buy a superfluous box which makes your network complex?
- Nokia makes LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation faster everywhere
- World’s first 225 Mbps on smartphones
- Goodbye stadium effect, hello useful traffic with Centralized RAN
- Why operator VoLTE beats OTT VoIP
- LTE-A Carrier Aggregation with ensured device interoperability
- View all LTE related blogs
- LTE-Advanced Pro
- Avantel selected Nokia for it's complete LTE infrastructure
- Scheduling in LTE-Advanced
- LTE-A Carrier Aggregation
- Mass event optimization
- LTE-Advanced Pro
- Multi-antenna optimization in LTE
- Path to 5g
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation Optimization
- LTE-Advanced (Rel.12 and beyond)
- LTE-Advanced Evolution (Rel.12-14)
- LTE evolution for IoT connectivity
- LTE for unlicensed spectrum
- LTE-Advanced (focus on Rel.10)
- LTE-A Carrier Aggregation infographic
- LTE Smart Scheduler
- Nokia VoLTE optimization
- Nokia Networks APT700 Discussion Paper
- Mobile broadband with HSPA and LTE – capacity and cost aspects
- TDD and FDD co-existence in LTE: synergies and enhancements