LTE – The path to 5G with 4.5G Pro for a superior experience
Your customers expect their experience of mobile broadband to be smooth, continuous and rapid. Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology is the most efficient mobile broadband technology for providing an excellent user experience. It offers the highest data rates and shortest latency times.
Over 700 operators in more than 190 countries are investing in LTE networks. Additionally LTE is increasingly used for private networks and for public safety. By 2020 LTE is expected to connect more subscribers than any other mobile technology. LTE can used on both paired and unpaired spectrum allocations, on licensed and unlicensed spectrum. LTE is continuously evolving and 3GPP continuous to standardize the building blocks for this evolution path in LTE-Advanced Pro. Nokia leverages AirScale for building a smooth evolution path to 5G with 4.5G Pro and 4.9G. 4.5G Pro increases initial 4G networks speeds ten times to gigabit data rates. 4.9G will provide for future service continuity with 5G network fabric.
LTE-A marks the evolution of LTE to even higher user data rates and more network capacity.
The evolution of LTE-Advanced: LTE-Advanced Pro
Watch the animation for the latest LTE-Advanced enhancements, which are currently undergoing standardization in 3GPP in Release 13 and subsequent releases, mark a truly giant leap forward for 4G. These enhancements will not only benefit smartphone users, but also enable a host of new use cases, from connectivity for the Internet of Things to public safety.
Download whitepaper: LTE-Advanced Pro
One of the key features of LTE-A is Carrier Aggregation. Nokia has had LTE-A Carrier Aggregation in commercial networks since 2013, when the Korean operators were the first in the world to launch it.
LTE-A continues to evolve, with a current focus on including the use of unlicensed spectrum and the optimization of mobile broadband networks for the Internet of Things.
We supply LTE to the world’s largest 15 operators (by LTE subscriptions) across Asia, Europe, and North America.
We've deployed LTE on all major frequency bands and as of November 2016, we have 330 commercial references.
- Extremely fast broadband for people and things (LTE-M)
- Operates on a global standard on licensed and unlicensed spectrum (LTE-U)
- Offers efficient delivery and smooth implementation
- We have LTE centers in markets all over the world and works closely with suppliers to ensure smooth implementation and operation.
- We can supply LTE (FDD mode) and TD-LTE to markets around the world.
- Our close cooperation with the leading LTE device suppliers ensures end-to-end interoperability, and our 4G devices complement our infrastructure solutions and help operators to launch LTE services.
Smartfren steps ahead of the global game, launches future-ready LTE-Advanced network and plans virtualized core in Indonesia
Nokia Networks, Ooredoo Qatar sign deal to deploy small cells for more capacity, coverage in hotspots
TT-Network and Nokia Networks complete world’s first shared GSM, 3G and LTE radio network
- European Aviation Network (EAN) is airborne!28 Nov 2016
- dtac picks Nokia to revamp end-to-end transport and IP core network to prepare for Carrier SDN09 Nov 2016
- Nokia enhances mission-critical LTE public safety portfolio with launch of Nokia Group Communications07 Nov 2016
- Nokia enables Globe Telecom's move to Cloud and IoT-ready networks using 4.5G Pro, Carrier SDN, IP and Optical technologies24 Oct 2016
- Nokia and STC to deploy 4.5G technology across Saudi Arabia to meet the next phase of mobile data demand and pave the way to 5G18 Oct 2016
Related blog posts
- Great momentum for mission-critical LTE28 Nov 2016
- Nokia whitepaper explores new service opportunities with 4.5G and beyond14 Nov 2016
- Who’s in the driver’s seat for connected mobility & intelligent transportation?19 Oct 2016
- Making the future of safety a reality…now!06 Oct 2016
- Think fast – what makes 5G better than 4G?29 Sep 2016
And we call it: LTE-Advanced Pro
Would you buy a superfluous box which makes your network complex?
Nokia makes LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation faster everywhere
World’s first 225 Mbps on smartphones
Goodbye stadium effect, hello useful traffic with Centralized RAN
Why operator VoLTE beats OTT VoIP
LTE-A Carrier Aggregation with ensured device interoperability
View all LTE related blogs
Mass event optimization
Multi-antenna optimization in LTE
LTE-Advanced Evolution (Rel.12-14)
Carrier Aggregation Optimization
LTE-Advanced (Rel.12 and beyond)
LTE evolution for IoT connectivity
LTE for unlicensed spectrum
LTE-Advanced (focus on Rel.10)
LTE-A Carrier Aggregation infographic
LTE Smart Scheduler
Nokia VoLTE optimization
APT700 white paper
Mobile broadband with HSPA and LTE – capacity and cost aspects
TDD and FDD co-existence in LTE: synergies and enhancements