Flexi Zone provides capacity to meet huge data demand cost-efficiently
Deploying new macro base stations to provide indoor coverage or add capacity is typically an economic non-starter. You need more cost-effective solutions to ease the coverage and capacity pressure on your existing infrastructure.
Nokia Flexi Zone suite is a 3G/LTE/Wi-Fi-capable small cell solution for offloading traffic from your macro network to an underlay street-level and indoor network. Use Flexi Zone Base Stations stand-alone or to create a zone covered by a cluster of low-power access points connected to a local controller. This configuration delivers a rich user experience while complementing your macro capacity and coverage, and all at a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) than is possible with conventional small cells systems.
Investing in Flexi Zone is safe and future-proof because you can scale it as needed to satisfy changing capacity and performance demands all the way up to Ultra Dense Networks. Backhaul support is also easier because indoor deployments can use existing and Ethernet cabling, while the effect on the core network and O&M is minimized because up to 500 eNode Bs behave like a single base station to more easily manage radio frequency interference and simplify operation.
Complete with powerful features such as local policy definition and enforcement, Flexi Zone can also help you provide excellent service to enterprises with converged mobile and private LAN access achieved with the Nokia mobile edge computing solution.
- 10x data rate improvement
- Virtually unlimited capacity scaling
- Up to 50 percent cost saving compared to cell site splitting or traditional Pico/Micro
- Save up to 80 percent of transport and mobile packet core cost with local Internet offloading
The form factor of a small cell has diversified significantly since the early femtocells and a complex HetNet may include cells with higher power levels and many of the features of a macrocell. The judges felt that Nokia’s Flexi Zone Mini-Macro added to the options available to an operator by supporting macro parity within a small box, allowing a HetNet to target new use cases with higher power requirements, and to combat interference effectively.
- Nokia expands private wireless network portfolio to support enterprises in their digital transformation07 Sep 2017
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
- Nokia named a Leader in Small Cell Equipment by Gartner and number one Small Cells Vendor by IHS24 Oct 2016
Related blog posts
#smallcell, #HetNets from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Flexi Zone helps you add coverage and capacity to your existing macro network and boost the customer experience by pro-actively adapting your network capabilities ahead of evolving wireless broadband trends. In other words, it enables you to always offer a best-in-class user experience with the lowest TCO.