Flexi Zone Cost-effective capacity to meet huge data demand
Deploying new macro base stations to provide indoor coverage or add capacity is typically an economic non-starter. You need more cost-effective solutions to ease the coverage and capacity pressure on your existing infrastructure.
Nokia Flexi Zone suite is a 3G/LTE/Wi-Fi-capable small cell solution for offloading traffic from your macro network to an underlay street-level and indoor network. Use Flexi Zone Base Stations stand-alone or to create a zone covered by a cluster of low-power access points connected to a local controller. This configuration delivers a rich user experience while complementing your macro capacity and coverage, and all at a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) than is possible with conventional small cells systems.
- 10x data rate improvement
- Virtually unlimited capacity scaling
- Up to 50 percent cost saving compared to cell site splitting or traditional Pico/Micro
- Save up to 80 percent of transport and mobile packet core cost with local Internet offloading
- Nokia's Centralized RAN technology deployed by Telefónica to improve the mobile experience at Valencia's Mestalla Stadium02 Jun 2016
- Nokia and Telefónica Chile complete world's largest indoor small cell deployment in Santiago shopping mall10 May 2016
- TIM selects Nokia Networks for small cells and 3G/4G rollout03 Dec 2015
- Nokia Networks launches world's first 1 Gbps small cell and new services, features to solve deployment challenges #NetworksPerform09 Sep 2015
- Nokia Networks, Ooredoo Qatar sign deal to deploy small cells for more capacity, coverage in hotspots26 Aug 2015
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.
#smallcell, #HetNets for @Nokianetworks
Nokia Flexi Zone helps you add coverage and capacity to your existing macro network and boost the customer experience by pro-actively adapting your network capabilities ahead of evolving wireless broadband trends. In other words, it enables you to always offer a best-in-class user experience with the lowest TCO.