Femtocells bring improved broadband services to homes and small offices
Today, more than 80 percent of mobile usage occurs inside buildings and customers expect to receive the same great service indoors as they do anywhere else.
Nokia in-home small cell solutions enable operators and CSPs to improve the service they offer indoor users. They provide home and small enterprise users with a better service experience, while offering operators new options to boost indoor coverage and capacity.
Nokia has the largest portfolio of residential small cells and the largest number of claimed residential small-cell customer wins. Our Femtocell portfolio offers both 3G and multi-standard solutions for residential and enterprise usage, with the added option of customization.
Highly reliable indoor coverage will become essential to ensure that new applications and services are supported as they make our homes smarter. The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band Residential helps the operators in extending 3G and LTE coverage and capacity to the home, efficiently and cost effectively.
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band SOHO is the latest enhancement to the industry-leading Nokia Small Cell solutions. It improves the end-user experience in small and medium indoor environments in a secure, cost-effective and easily deployable manner. It can be installed in any indoor location without the complexity or cost associated with traditional distributed antenna system (DAS) deployments. It can be stand- or wall-mounted to deliver coverage and capacity directly where it is needed.
- Deliver multiple services, reduce network deployment costs, and enhance customer experience
- Speedy deployment of in-building networks that enable new value-added services
- Scale easily to build for today and adapt for tomorrow
- Deliver coverage and capacity where your customers expect it.
Nokia multi-band femtocells leverage the latest innovations to provide an indoor small cell that consists of 3G W-CDMA and 4G LTE carriers. The 3G and 4G carriers are supported using a single System on Chip (SoC), and can operate in multiple radio frequency (RF) bands. The Software Defined Radio capability of the femtocell provides the flexibility to move from Multi-Standard to 4G only.
These software-only changes can be made remotely, through OAM, and so do not require a site visit.
Network deployment and optimization costs of our femtocells are also significantly reduced with Self-Organizing Network (SON) features. The SON technology increases operational efficiency and network performance by automating network configuration and optimization.
With the following extended SON features we are ensuring smoother integration and higher performance in heterogeneous networks:
- Improved handover performance by discovering critical missing neighbors, and by using the most relevant neighbors
- Centralized mechanism for assignment of PSCs (Primary Scrambling Code) to a small cell group reducing the risk of ambiguity and the number of failed handovers
- Ability to deploy a small cell solution in 2100 MHz while allowing full mobility to/from 3G 2100 and/or 900bands
- Significantly reducing false PCI (Physical Cell ID) collision rate due to UL interference
- Guaranteed capacity per operator
- Improved user equipment (UE) ability to hear the PRS (position reference signal) information from macro cells, when the UE is in the macro coverage area but is near a small cell
- Nokia expands private wireless network portfolio to support enterprises in their digital transformation07 Sep 2017
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
- Nokia named a Leader in Small Cell Equipment by Gartner and number one Small Cells Vendor by IHS24 Oct 2016
Related blog posts
#smallcells, #femtocells from @Nokianetworks
As the world goes digital, people's daily lives are increasingly dependent on easy access to data, wherever they are. Flawless connectivity is fundamental to customer satisfaction. With our femtocells operators can find the most effective way to densify their networks and deliver a great customer experience inside small indoor environments.