Femtocells bring improved broadband services to homes and small offices
Today, more than 80 percent of mobile usage occurs inside buildings and customers expect to receive the same great service indoors as they do anywhere else. Highly reliable indoor coverage will become essential to ensure that new applications and services are supported as they make our homes smarter.
Nokia in-home small cell solutions enable operators and CSPs to improve the service they offer indoor users. They provide home and small enterprise users with a better service experience, while offering operators new options to boost indoor coverage and capacity.
Nokia has the largest portfolio of residential small cells and the largest number of claimed residential small-cell customer wins. Our femtocell portfolio offers both 3G/4G and multi-standard solutions for residential and enterprise usage with support of IoT connectivity.
Femtocell Multi-band SOHO
Two simultaneous carriers: one LTE and one W-CDMA
– Up to 64 LTE and 32 WCDMA simultaneous active users*
– Up to 64 LTE simultaneous active users*
– Up to 32 WCDMA simultaneous active users*
- 3G software feature parity with Nokia 3G small cell portfolio software
- TR-069-based OAM leveraging Nokia OAM systems
- SON and full secure plug-n-play enhanced security features including digital certificates, IPSec for encryption with IKEv2, firewall and tamper alarms
- Ability to daisy-chain the backhaul between the two RJ-45 interfaces.
Femtocell LTE Residential
- One LTE carrier with up to 20 MHz carrier bandwidth
- Up to 16 simultaneous LTE data and VoLTE calls
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing capabilities:
- Adaptive transmit power for coverage optimization
- 2G/3G/LTE network listening Automatic Neighbor Relation (ANR)
- Closed Subscriber Group
Virtual Femtocell Gateway (vFGW)
- Flexible pricing based on the size of deployments
- Can be offered as network in a box solution that minimizes the number of boxes
- ‘Pay as you grow’ model provides lower initial cost
- Feature parity with 9966 ATCA GW
- Customers can choose any x86 hardware that meets the resource requirements
- Easy introduction of Multi-standard solution to existing customers
- Software only solution includes vFGW software and the RHEL (Guest OS)
Femtocells are finding fresh favor to densify the network
As the world goes digital, people's daily lives are increasingly dependent on easy access to data, wherever they are. Flawless connectivity is fundamental to customer satisfaction. With our femtocells operators can find the most effective way to densify their networks and deliver a great customer experience inside small indoor environments.
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.