Femtocell Multi-band SOHO
The Femtocell Multi-band SOHO brings 3G and LTE coverage and capacity to small indoor environments
Our femtocell solution is the answer to rising coverage and capacity demands of mobile network users that macro stations are unable to handle. With this compact product we give operators and CSPs an easy way to improve customer experience.
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band SOHO consists of 3G W-CDMA and 4G LTE carriers. These carriers are supported using a single System on Chip (SoC) and can operate in multiple radio frequency (RF) bands.
Its software-defined radio capability provides the flexibility to move from multi-standard to 4G only. These software-only changes can be made remotely through OAM, thus do not require a site visit.
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band SOHO uses integrated omnidirectional antennas and improves the end user experience in small, and medium, indoor environments in a way which is secure, cost-effective and easy to deploy.
- Extend 3G and LTE coverage and add capacity to indoor locations with a low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Single shared site, backhaul, power and OAM across 3G and 4G
- Common Small Cell Gateway and Security Gateway across 3G and 4G
- Multiple services including Voice over LTE (VoLTE) with Circuit Switch Fallback (CSFB) and Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SR-VCC) and Commercial Mobile Alerting Service (CMAS)
- Seamless mobility: eNodeB S1 and X2 handover across Enterprise-Enterprise, Enterprise-Macro and Macro–Enterprise, in both intra- and inter-frequency
- LTE Home eNodeB (HeNB) mode operation.
The network deployment and optimization costs of the Nokia Femtocell Multi-band SOHO are significantly reduced with the features of the Self-Organizing Network (SON). It delivers both OPEX and CAPEX savings with a single common site, backhaul, power and OAM for all of the technologies.
- Two simultaneous carriers: one LTE and one W-CDMA
- Up to 64 LTE and 32 W-CDMA simultaneous active users*
- Up to 64 LTE simultaneous active users*
- Up to 32 W-CDMA simultaneous active users*
- 3G software feature parity with Nokia 3G Small Cell portfolio software
- TR-069-based OAM leveraging Nokia OAM systems
- SON and full secure plug-n-play enhanced security features including digital certificates, IPSec for encryption with IKEv2, firewall and tamper alarms
- Ability to daisy-chain the backhaul between the two RJ-45 interfaces.
* Hardware Ready
- Nokia to improve capacity and coverage of Zain Iraq's network for Zeyara and beyond11 Oct 2017
- Nokia expands private wireless network portfolio to support enterprises in their digital transformation07 Sep 2017
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
Related blog posts
#smallcells, #femtocells from @Nokianetworks
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band SOHO is a member of the industry-leading Nokia Small Cell portfolio. It is secure, cost-effective and can be easily deployed in any indoor location without the complexity or costs associated with traditional distributed antenna system (DAS) installations. It can be stand- or wall-mounted to deliver the coverage and capacity directly where it is needed.