Dynamic Services Controller
Enable policy control and enhance the customer experience across wireline, wireless, or converged networks
The Nokia Dynamic Services Controller (DSC) provides carrier-grade policy control and data service personalization capabilities. This software platform helps you deliver innovative services and open up new revenue streams.
Based on our Agile Rules Technology (A.R.T.), the DSC combines ease of use and flexibility with unrivaled performance, high scalability, and maintainability. It is available in hardware-based and virtualized configurations.
The DSC platform supports two separately licensed software modules:
- The Policy Control Module provides the Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) for mobile networks. It also offers concurrent support for RADIUS-based policy control for fixed networks.
- Smart Plan Builder lets you create contextual, segmented, and personalized data offers while supporting user controls that simplify the mobile data experience.
The DSC has been proven through field integration and interoperability testing with a wide range of Policy and Charging Control (PCC), IMS/VoLTE, and 3G/4G Mobile Packet Core components. It is pre-integrated with many Nokia solutions and provides support for network functions virtualization (NFV).
A previous area the DSC supported was diameter routing using the Diameter Control Point, which is now reflected in the new product Dynamic Diameter Engine (DDE).
Unmatched ease of use, flexibility, scalability, performance, availability, and maintainability
- Rules engine design based on A.R.T.
- Three levels of stateful redundancy with no single point of failure
Reduced deployment and integration costs, with faster time to revenue from personalized services
- Flexible and fully customizable interfaces that support integration with third-party network elements
- Field integration and interoperability testing completed with a wide range of PCC and 3G/4G Mobile Packet Core components
- Embedded Subscription Profile Repository (SPR) and external SPR mediation layer that support legacy third-party external databases
- Converged usage management and charging integration capabilities
- Advanced notification capabilities that support a wide variety of notification targets, including SMS, e-mail, SOAP/XML, RESTful, and XMPP
Accelerated path to full multi-access support across a common, converged IP backbone
- Wireline PCRF policy management with a RADIUS/CoA interface to a BNG or BRAS
- Converged policy management on the same platform and software instance
The Dynamic Services Controller is part of our comprehensive Policy and Charging portfolio. This flexible software platform uses our Agile Rules Technology (A.R.T.) to provide advanced policy control and data plan management capabilities. With the DSC, you can reduce costs and roll out personalized services that generate new revenue and inspire customer loyalty.