Adopt lean operations and increase business agility with CloudBand
CloudBand software is an ETSI NFV MANO system with commercially proven reliability, automation, repeatability and security. It is flexibly deployed for any combination of NFV Infrastructure / Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (NFVI/VIM), generic VNF Manager (VNFM-g), and NFV Orchestrator, and serves VNFs from Nokia and other suppliers. It is also the cloud management system for the Nokia Government Cloud Enablement Platform.
Today you face strong competition from web-scale providers. New Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G services threaten to take your network costs to unsupportable levels. To stay ahead, you need an open and lean network paradigm.
Our CloudBand portfolio makes it simple to host, orchestrate, automate, and manage virtualized network functions (VNFs) and services. Its scalable and flexible products help you reduce time to revenue for new services and use automation and optimization to make network operations lean. With CloudBand, you benefit from the rapid pace of open-source innovation and get a carrier-grade product that’s ready for deployment.
It’s time to deploy cloud. Three UK, Vodafone, LG U+, Wind Mobile, Burkina Faso and many others use CloudBand for voice over LTE, evolved packet core, multi-site NFV platforms, dynamic enterprise services and government cloud.
How will you use NFV? Turn your vision into reality with CloudBand.
A portfolio optimized for NFV MANO
We have optimized the CloudBand portfolio – CloudBand Infrastructure Software, CloudBand Application Manager, and CloudBand Network Director – for NFV management and orchestration (MANO). This reduces complexity and ensures applicability in single and multi-vendor infrastructures. It is available as a complete MANO solution or as individual products in a multi-vendor deployment.
CloudBand Infrastructure Software is a multi-purpose NFV infrastructure (NFVI) and virtualized infrastructure manager (VIM), built for OpenStack. It virtualizes and manages compute, storage, and network resources. It enables VNFs to run and ensures that they meet strict robustness, performance, and security requirements.
CloudBand Application Manager is a VNF manager (VNFM), built for OpenStack and VMware, which automates VNF lifecycle management actions by managing resources and applying associated workflows. It is a generic VNFM (VNFM-g), with the same software serving both Nokia’s and other suppliers’ VNFs.
CloudBand Network Director is an NFV resource and network service orchestrator, built for OpenStack and VMware. It manages virtual resources across geo-distributed NFV infrastructure nodes. It visualizes and automates the lifecycle of network services, such as virtual CPE, including their forwarding graphs and service chains.
We support the CloudBand portfolio with end-to-end professional services. Our NFV consultants can help you plan, design, integrate, and operate telco cloud solutions and develop effective risk-mitigation strategies.
Realize the promise of NFV
- Unlock new revenue streams by rapidly launching and scaling new cloud services.
- Transition to lean operations by automating infrastructure and application lifecycle management processes.
- Boost your cost efficiency with an NFV software portfolio that reduces hardware and software requirements and optimizes asset utilization.
Leverage open-source innovations and multivendor products
- Ease multivendor integration with self-contained products that support interoperability validated by the New IP Agency and EANTC.
- Speed time to production with carrier-grade products that make it easy to adopt open-source innovations and avoid vendor lock-in.
- Manage alarms and events with OpenStack’s Vitrage analytics, so you get insights on troubles’ root causes and address problems before they occur.
- Build NFV solutions faster with products that align with key industry standards and initiatives such as ETSI NFV, OPNFV, TM Forum, and ONAP.
Deploy an NFV solution built for service providers
- Remove complexity by automating the NFV infrastructure and application lifecycles.
- Assure the service experience with a high-availability, end-to-end solution and tools that accelerate fault isolation.
- Reduce deployment time to weeks or days with pre-integrated solutions that combine open-source software with critical NFV enhancements.
- Deliver carrier networking capabilities within the data center and across the WAN using products integrated with the Nuage Networks SDN solution.
Meet the requirements of demanding carrier applications
- Use enhanced platform awareness to deliver the reliable performance that carrier applications require.
- Leverage software-defined carrier network connectivity to deliver differentiated cloud solutions.
- Optimize distribution with an NFV platform designed to manage and automate geo-distributed NFV points of presence.
50+ customers across the world have selected CloudBand for a diverse set of NFV projects
- Transform a multi-national service provider’s business with NFV platforms in 5 countries serving networks that are highly multi-vendor
- Achieve short time to market with a pre-integrated virtualized VoLTE and VoWifi solution with 3 central data centers and 7 access nodes
- Augment enterprise data services with a scalable unified communications service enabling new voice services
- Deliver scalable traffic optimization services in a rapidly growing mobile network market
- Reduce complexity and increase control plane performance for an end-to-end VoLTE service for a cable multi-service operator
- Rapidly deploy wholesale virtualized mobile data services to ISP customers in a multi-site deployment
- Serve far more enterprises with SD-WAN, sell new VNF-based services, and transform operational integration and scaling using our Service Orchestration for Dynamic Enterprise Services solution
- Optimize government digital initiatives to better serve their citizens, without squelching grassroots initiatives, for services spanning connectivity, VPN, communications and IT hosting
“We have worked with Nokia Networks since our inception in 2009, and they have been a trusted partner as we’ve expanded our footprint and subscriber base over the years. This new partnership with Nokia Networks as our sole source LTE network provider allows WIND to bring the most advanced technologies available to our customers.” Alek Krstajic, CEO, WIND Mobile
“In order to accelerate our roadmap towards a cloud-based, all-IP network, we need more multivendor solutions that are interoperable. This proof of concept, thanks to Cisco and Nokia working efficiently together with Orange, shows that we can utilize advanced NFV and SDN capabilities to speed up service deployment times and to offer potential cost optimization while increasing flexibility. In our view, interoperability is a key success factor so we hope that this proof of concept will spur the industry to work towards more interoperability.” Alain Maloberti, senior vice president, Orange Labs Networks
“Nokia (CloudBand): NFV Orchestration Software Leader — Nokia has the heft to put together all the multivendor software/hardware, ecosystem partnerships, and professional services to develop and deploy not just the NFV MANO, but the full NFV and SDN projects in which NFV MANO plays a critical role.” Michael Howard, senior research director, carrier networks, IHS
Three carries 35% of mobile data traffic in the UK today. The cloud core network will enable us to scale even further and continue to offer great value and service innovation to our customers. The agreement with Nokia will help us to continue delivering the UK's most reliable network. Graham Baxter, Chief Operating Officer, Three UK
“The G-Cloud network will allow the distribution of applications and resources at all times, wherever necessary, while providing consolidated cloud and network management. This will allow the system to be operated as a unique virtual environment. This project will have many positive impacts for Burkina Faso, including micro and macro-economic growth, and increasing the efficiency of health and education services.” H.E. Mr Nébila Amadou Yaro, Minister, Ministry of Development of the Digital Economy and Posts
- The Linux Foundation Announces Merger of Open Source ECOMP and OPEN-O to Form New Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) Project23 Feb 2017
- Nokia and Three UK to deploy world's first next-generation cloud native core network10 Feb 2017
- NFV MANO Templating: Being “Open” with Your Hard-Won Experience Becomes a New Competitive Differentiator24 Jan 2017
- Industry partners commit to NFV interoperability testing initiative20 Dec 2016
- NFV#16 recognizes the work done by a few outstanding members of the community, including Nokia's Uwe Rauschenbach and Mehmet Ersue19 Dec 2016
- Nokia CloudBand open templating system enables automation of virtualized network function lifecycle management05 Dec 2016
- Nokia and Burkina Faso to apply cloud networking technology to stimulate economic growth through digital public services13 Nov 2015
Related blog posts
- 5G Next Gen Core has a cloudy outlook!25 Apr 2017
- Turning virtual into very real with AirScale Cloud RAN30 Mar 2017
- Cloud-ready or cloud-native? Let me demonstrate the core differences23 Mar 2017
- Why blue is the color of Software-Defined Access Networks13 Mar 2017
- Daunted by future network backup requirements? Don’t be.24 Feb 2017
- CloudBand Infrastructure Software
- CloudBand Application Manager
- CloudBand Network Director
- OpenStack Vitrage root cause analysis
- OpenStack Mistral workflow service
- Nokia cloud vision for full digitized businesses (brochure)
- Operational readiness for migrating to a cloud-based infrastructure
- NFV insight series: ETSI VNF resource request options - Direct versus indirect mode explained
- NFV insight series: Hierarchical monitoring forscalable assurance in NFV
- NFV insight series: Scalable orchestration with a hierarchy of domain-focused orchestrators
- CloudBand Infrastructure Software: tuning open source for production
- Fortinet virtualizes network security functions in CloudBand
- NFV – A DevOps methodology for deployment
- Designing and managing VNFs the right way for network functions virtualization
- Virtualized network function on-boarding
- Bridging the gaps between legacy functions and the cloud- Root cause Analysis in NFV
- (interview) NFV open templating system – Intel® Chip Chat: Network Insights episode 90, with Phil Tilley
- (video) ACG hot seat interview with Barry Hill: Lean Ops, Rapidly Transforming your Network Operations, the Nokia Approach
- (demo) OpenStack Vitrage root cause analysis
- (demo) Orchestrating dynamic enterprise services with Nokia CloudBand Network Director
- (analyst report) ACG Research: Orchestrating dynamic enterprise services – Overcoming the challenges of SD-WAN and vCPE mass deployment
- (book) Reliability and availability of cloud computing
- (product documentation) Introducing the Template Developer Guide
- Mobile World Congress (27 Feb – 2 March 2017)
- MPLS+SDN+NFV Paris (21-24 March 2017)
- NFV World Congress (2-5 May 2017)
- OpenStack Summit (8-11 May 2017)
- TM Forum Live! (15-18 May 2017)
- SDN NFV World Congress (9-13 Oct 2017)
- Interview for Vitrage root cause analysis at OpenStack Summit October 2016
- Demo for Vitrage root cause analysis at OpenStack Summit October 2016
- Steering NFV through the storm; Ron Haberman at SDN NFV World Congress 2016
- Aligning the stars - realizing the promise of NFV, Ron Haberman at NFV World Congress 2016
#NFV from @Nokianetworks
CloudBand gives you a competitive advantage by removing risk and complexity from NFV transformation. With our open, multivendor cloud technologies, you can generate new revenue with dynamic services, increase efficiency through lean operations, and boost brand loyalty by improving the customer experience.