CDMA2000® Mobile Switching Center (MSC)
Our Nokia CDMA2000® Mobile Switching Center (MSC) provides operators with unparalleled freedom in the design and operation of their CDMA voice network with components that are modular, flexible, and highly reliable for high performance operation and scalable cost effective growth. Our solution complies with open industry standards and as network needs change, evolves with maximum investment protection, low cost of operation, and high reliability.
The Nokia CDMA2000® MSC is comprised of 3 components:
- Nokia 9281 Packet Switch
- Nokia 9290 Mobility Manager
- Nokia 9256 Operations and Management Platform
The CDMA2000® Mobile Switching Center:
- Enables platform independence and interoperability across networks
- Allows rapid deployment of features across a global network
- Promotes economies of scale through common wireless platforms
- A robust, low-footprint solution with a highly scalable capacity of up to 7.5 million BHCA and 4000 cells.
- Efficient and cost effective all-IP operation (backhaul, signaling, handoff, and bearer)
- Centralized and integrated OA&M with intuitive control, streamlining the way to keep your CDMA network reliable, secure, efficient, and cost effective
- Support for Integrated HLR or Standalone HLR
- 99.999% reliability
The CDMA2000® Mobile Switching Center (MSC) delivers greater network efficiencies through capacity enhancements, lower operating costs and investment protection. Our solution provides a launch point for the packet core and IMS services vision.
- Cost effective, high reliable, end-to-end MSC solution
- Separate call control and bearer traffic - 9290 Mobility Manager supports mobility call control and the 9281 Packet Switch supports media gateway and media resource functions with support for radio management and vocoding
- Integrated BSC lowers OPEX/CAPEX by reducing the number of network elements and utilizing a centralized vocoder pool
- Fully scalable solution enables increased capacity in existing footprint
- The modular distributed architecture allows smooth growth in both switching and call processing capacity
- Low total cost of ownership - Five 9’s reliability built into individual elements and architecture, no redundant duplicate network elements are needed (i.e., MSC pooling) even for high BHCA systems
- High performance, with extremely low dropped call and call setup failures, through time tested, sophisticated, efficient call processing algorithms and rich paging features
- Supports revenue generating value added services
The modular, distributed architecture of the CDMA2000® Mobile Switching Center (MSC) allows smooth growth in both switching and mobile call control capacity.
- A robust, low footprint solution with a highly scalable capacity of up to 7.5 million BHCA and 4000 cells
- IP Backhaul, Transcoder Free Operation/Remote Transcoder Operation, IP Soft Handover, SIGTRAN signaling for efficient and cost effective all-IP operation.
- EVRC-B vocoder increases RAN capacity
- Centralized and integrated OA&M with easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) for intuitive control, streamlining the way to keep your wireless network reliable, secure, efficient, and cost effective.
- Supports Integrated HLR or Standalone HLR
- 99.999% reliability